Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video
Quote | Reply
New Lionel video, and Slowtwitch is being plugged, gotta love that man!

Slowtwitch mentioned around 18:00 forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Njm6RBcuzxQ
Last edited by: lassekk: Mar 1, 19 3:53
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plugged as being to negative...

http://www.tri-to-improve.com
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [seelb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seelb wrote:
isn't that a given ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [TriSolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSolo wrote:
seelb wrote:
isn't that a given ;)

Speak for yourself. I have made a vow to be "Mr. Sunshine and Positivity" from now on. Look for your daily inspirational quotes, coming soon!

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just when I was on the Lionel Sanders band wagon......

Waaaaa.... A couple people are negative so I'm gonna stay away... Man great way to go through life...

HTFU!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

Waaaaa.... A couple people are negative so I'm gonna stay away... Man great way to go through life...

HTFU!

you're new, you'll figure it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

You have every other thread on here devoted to what you are doing, are you doing it right, oh, you're an idiot because you did "x, y, and z"? He doesn't need ST, so he gave it the good ol' Maria Kondo...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

You have every other thread on here devoted to what you are doing, are you doing it right, oh, you're an idiot because you did "x, y, and z"? He doesn't need ST, so he gave it the good ol' Maria Kondo...

LOL.
You lost me. But really your going to avoid something because of some negative people..
Are you just going to be a hermit? Seriously he sounds like a millennial..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

LOL.
You lost me. But really your going to avoid something because of some negative people..

Sure, we all do that with one thing or another. There are events and things I choose not to do because I didn't care for the behaviour of some of the people there, so I end up not enjoying the experience. Given that I only have so many hours in a day, I have to make choices about where I spend my time.

I don't go out to bars very much (like.... ever), but lets pretend that I did. In this city, lets say there are 2000 bars. There's one around that I generally like, but there's always a couple of assholes hanging out there throwing insults at me and telling me everything I'm doing wrong. Guess what, after a little while I'll say "enough is enough" and go to a different bar down the street.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

LOL.

Sure, we all do that with one thing or another. There are events and things I choose not to do because I didn't care for the behaviour of some of the people there, so I end up not enjoying the experience. Given that I only have so many hours in a day, I have to make choices about where I spend my time.

I don't go out to bars very much (like.... ever), but lets pretend that I did. In this city, lets say there are 2000 bars. There's one around that I generally like, but there's always a couple of assholes hanging out there throwing insults at me and telling me everything I'm doing wrong. Guess what, after a little while I'll say "enough is enough" and go to a different bar down the street.

I get what ur saying. I just get on my soap box about people avoiding criticism. I'm not saying it's justified or right but it is life. And lets face it if you put ur self out there like he does with the videos and interviews it gonna happen.
But ST is really not that harsh of an environment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

LOL.

I get what ur saying. I just get on my soap box about people avoiding criticism. I'm not saying it's justified or right but it is life. And lets face it if you put ur self out there like he does with the videos and interviews it gonna happen.

It's not 4Chan, that's for sure.

But if you watched the video in the link, Lionel said that ST is mostly great. There's just a couple of dickheads who make it unpleasant, and there really isn't an upside to extensive participation here for him. So why deal with the added stress and elevated cortisol levels? Dunno if you've noticed, but there aren't really a whole lot of pro's who participate here. It's not that they haven't heard of ST. Are they all wrong for staying off?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

LOL.

But if you watched the video in the link, Lionel said that ST is mostly great. There's just a couple of dickheads who make it unpleasant, and there really isn't an upside to extensive participation here for him. So why deal with the added stress and elevated cortisol levels? Dunno if you've noticed, but there aren't really a whole lot of pro's who participate here. It's not that they haven't heard of ST. Are they all wrong for staying off?

I'm not going to say if it wrong or right.. Maybe not good from a marketing standpoint.
But if they are staying away from ST for that reason maybe don't even bring that part up. To me it sounds like crying... Asking Dan to kick the mean people out. And unfortunately we have lost some good contribution because of people crying (Kiley). Don't get me wrong some times people go to far and need a time out. I've been there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

LOL.

I'm not going to say if it wrong or right.. Maybe not good from a marketing standpoint.
But if they are staying away from ST for that reason maybe don't even bring that part up. To me it sounds like crying... Asking Dan to kick the mean people out. And unfortunately we have lost some good contribution because of people crying (Kiley). Don't get me wrong some times people go to far and need a time out. I've been there.

He didn't bring it up. Someone asked him about the ST forum, so he answered.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

LOL.

For someone asking another person to "HTFU" you seemed to be quite triggered by his dislike of ST. Someone asked him, he answered.

Maybe you should take your own advise and HTFU, and deal with the fact that some people don't like dealing with some of the trolls in ST.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And as Lionel mentioned, would these people really say this to him in person?? I tend to doubt it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew the way I phrased that was going to draw that response as soon as I hit post. What I was trying to say is he could have phrased it differently if he wanted to.
But oh well...
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just watched the video. I really enjoyed it! What a great guy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I knew the way I phrased that was going to draw that response as soon as I hit post. What I was trying to say is he could have phrased it differently if he wanted to.
But oh well...

I mean, I get where you are coming from, I don't know how old you are, but I've been part of internet communities since 1999 and there's always a few that participate in bad faith, and if you aren't used to it, it can definitely push you away from those communities.

I was at the event, and I got a chance to talk to Talbot too, and these guys are genuinely nice people, trying bring quality content of this sport we enjoy doing; I'm not saying that we should only throw flowers at them, and fellate their egos, but let's not deceive ourselves and pretend there aren't people out there just wanting to be asses to others just because they are anonymous on the internet, and some people just can't handle that.

I don't see anywhere any suggestion by both, Lionel and Talbot, that these "haters" should be banned from ST, they simply decided not to participate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
39😐

And fair enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
But oh well...

Maybe he could have. But it's a live interview, it's not like he's prepared answers in advance, he isn't a politician or a PR exec. Lionel tends to just say what he's thinking, for better or worse, and I think that most of his fans appreciate that he isn't trying to sugarcoat anything to make it more palatable to you.

It's far more informative that he said what he said rather than try to fabricate some bullshit excuse. Basically, he's saying that, for him, it's distracting to be posting on this site, and that distraction isn't going to help him achieve his primary goal, so why bother with the stress of it. We can learn something from that. If he had made up some other excuse for not posting that you would find more palatable, what would we have actually learned?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was more impressed about Talansky's best hour power at a hair over 6.1 w/kg in the Vuelta TT...and he still got beat. You still need to be rocking ~6.6 w/kg to win a grand tour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Self-belief is a huge factor for any pro athlete, but it's especially important in this sport, and for this particular athlete. I don't blame him one bit for staying clear of this place.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

HTFU!

LOL.

It's also neither qualified nor educated criticism, generally.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Self-belief is a huge factor for any pro athlete, but it's especially important in this sport, and for this particular athlete. I don't blame him one bit for staying clear of this place.

No offense, ST, but I really don't even see a way he could use it to benefit him.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Slowtwitch plug in newest Lionel video [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if I hundred percent agree with that statement there's definitely other Pros that visit this website that offer insight and advice on things to people. I wouldn't discount what they have to say as well as some high-performing amateurs on this site.
The other thing I don't quite get is I have yet to see anyone really get nasty towards Lionel on this form. I've seen a ton of people begging him to get a coach and stop winging it myself included. But I wouldn't say that's anyone being negative more just not wanting to see him waste his abilities.

Are we really getting this soft as a society?????
Guess so.
Quote Reply

Prev Next