Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best multi-sport sunglasses? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I’ve been considering the EVzeros, since I find that the bottom of the frames on my other Oakleys makes it harder to look behind me in traffic. I’m seeing them on eBay for $60 new (I’m considering the TdF version: https://www.ebay.com/...0:g:DusAAOSw66JcNjOu ). Still figuring out if the prism lens is the way to go.

Disclaimer: I work at eBay.

Quick followup. I got the EVZeros and did my first ride with them today. Great visibility and zero fogging (my other oakleys with frames fog up at stoplights). The prism road lens provides great contrast; it's lighter than the gray lenses I'm used to, and I would go with a darker lens in really bright conditions. All in all very happy with the purchase, and given the lightweight and ventilation there are going to be my go-to running shades as well (my aero helmet has a visor, so I put sunglasses on in T2).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Last edited by: Titanflexr: Jan 27, 19 22:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my Roka SL-1X for biking and running. Also have a pair of Oakley Flak Jacket 2 that I wore when I had prescription sunglasses but definitely prefer the look and rimless design of the Roka instead.

Chi
Quote Reply
Re: Best multi-sport sunglasses? [cpatel529] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m all for Smiths. Glasses are great, crystal clear vision, and frameless. I bought a pair on clearance for about $85 and they’ve been great.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Best multi-sport sunglasses? [Laurens4790] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For cycling I like frameless glasses. I have some Tifosi Podiums I use and really like. Bonus is that they're modular and lenses are replaceable. Not as cheap as the $12 safetly glasses but not crazy expensive either.

My wife/girls hooked me up with some Roka Aviators since they think ALL of my running/cycling/etc glasses look awful... which include Tifosi, Rudy, etc. I've run and raced with them... they're okay but the rim does get in the way on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Best multi-sport sunglasses? [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Smith's as well, same glasses for running and biking. I was sold on them when a truck threw a rock up as it went by me while I was cycling. The Smith glasses I was wearing took a direct impact to the right lens, shattering the lens and cracking the nose piece, but they stayed in one piece and other than a bruise I was no worse for wear. I called Smith and they wanted the glasses back and sent me a new pair.

They are my most important safety item now when riding a bike, and Smith's customer service is top notch.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Best multi-sport sunglasses? [hueby416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to replace my radarlock pitch which I love for running and cycling (Road helmet) and replaced my original Radar Pitch from about 2004. However, they are no longer available so I'm going to have to change which is causing me a bit of stress.

Anyone know what the nearest replacement is for the pitch size lenses?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reviving this thread for an addition. The tifosi Aethon. I believe it’s one of their slightly newer models. It’s a shield type model. Interchangeable lenses. Another bonus is it has a removable brow bar. I also like that tifosi has their nose pieces adjustable allowing me to push the glasses just slightly away from my face. Maybe the only negative is their nose piece/support extends down partially under the bottom of the lense. Not a big deal but will block vision slightly compare to fully rimless. I tried cheaper ones like the crews rubicon which are okay but so close to my eyes that my eyelashes constantly brush the lenses.
Quote Reply
Re: Best multi-sport sunglasses? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the need for the brow bar?
Quote Reply
Re: Best multi-sport sunglasses? [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Oakley Flak 2.0 also - love them with the Prizm road lens, although the tint does make you think you're getting sunburn. So the photochromatic lenses you mention sound interesting.

Never had any problem with them moving around when running either on your face or perched up on top of my head. I also prefer the "normal pair of glasses" look and they don't look out of place if you're just going to the beach.

My only complaint is that the prescription lenses are v. pricey - and that's the only thing that makes me think of swapping them for something else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't sleep on other brands.... Bolle makes a great pair of glasses. My favorite.
Quote Reply
Re: Best multi-sport sunglasses? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
What's the need for the brow bar?

I'm not 100% sure. I guess it depends on your face shape but maybe it helps keeps lenses out just a little further if the nose piece needs to be wider putting the lenses closer to your eyes which some may not like. or maybe a style thing. the crews rubicons don't have an adjustable nose piece and I don't like how they sit on my face. I mainly wanted shield type lenses at a reasonably price with a nose piece adjustment and no brow bar so I can see better in aero. So the brow bar was just something extra that I don't care much about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello all, cheapass here. I bought these sunglasses off of amazon, and went on my first ride yesterday with them. Visibility is great. Durability is still yet to be determined. We'll see how they do.

https://www.amazon.com/...02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

- Jordan

My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:
I’ve been considering the EVzeros, since I find that the bottom of the frames on my other Oakleys makes it harder to look behind me in traffic. I’m seeing them on eBay for $60 new (I’m considering the TdF version: https://www.ebay.com/...0:g:DusAAOSw66JcNjOu ). Still figuring out if the prism lens is the way to go.

Disclaimer: I work at eBay.

Quick followup. I got the EVZeros and did my first ride with them today. Great visibility and zero fogging (my other oakleys with frames fog up at stoplights). The prism road lens provides great contrast; it's lighter than the gray lenses I'm used to, and I would go with a darker lens in really bright conditions. All in all very happy with the purchase, and given the lightweight and ventilation there are going to be my go-to running shades as well (my aero helmet has a visor, so I put sunglasses on in T2).

EVZeros are the bomb. I am selling a LN pair with prism lens for anyone that is interested. I have a couple radar paths too which are also very good glasses.
Quote Reply

Prev Next