Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New eTap 12 speed [crazyeng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice the lack of rim brake shifters? Maybe SRAM is just delayed in finishing them, or they are bold and will only offer 12-speed with hydraulic brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: New eTap 12 speed [Xaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought I'd offer a little Photoshop comparison of the two Blip Boxes scaled similarly to theorize on size. These are not scientific, but it gives a pretty good idea of the likely relative size of the new one. For comparison, the original Blip Box is 60mm x 40mm x 15mm. It looks like the new one could be about 2/3 the height and similar width. Di2 Junction B is 30mm x 15mm x 8mm. So, my guess is that the Blip is still a crapton bigger than Di2 Junction B, so it may not fit in most compartments designed for Di2.

Quote Reply
Re: New eTap 12 speed [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the the cable housings on the current, you can see how much wider the blip box is, whereas on the new image, it looks like the edge of the outer cable housing is the edge of the box, so much thinner in width than the current. Hard to be sure, but I would say 5mm or more narrower than the old design.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: New eTap 12 speed [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
If you look at the the cable housings on the current, you can see how much wider the blip box is, whereas on the new image, it looks like the edge of the outer cable housing is the edge of the box, so much thinner in width than the current. Hard to be sure, but I would say 5mm or more narrower than the old design.
I agree, it is just hard to tell from the oblique image perspective of the new blip. It looks like it is about 1 plug-width narrower on each side at the plugs, but it does flare out some to the main body-- though not as much as the original. My gut is that they would have needed to stack the plugs and get the Blip down to 1/2 its current width to fit in a Di2 compartment.
Quote Reply

Prev Next