Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Di2 conversion on Cervelo P3 [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running full synchro with SW-R9150s on Magura RT6 levers. I was nervous I wouldn't like synchro, but I as soon as I rode it, it wasn't a problem. I generally have a pretty good idea of when it's going to shift the front and can ease off the power for a half second. Just comes down to personal preference really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Thanks for the tip. Looks like the SW-R9150 remote a single button shifter?

I’m leaning towards the suggestion above to install the new single-button SW-R9160 in the extensions and dual-button shifters at the brakes. If I follow the logic, this would provide the best of both worlds, setting up Synchro shift from the extensions and allowing manual shifting from the base bar.

But, I’m having trouble finding a dual-button remote. If that is the case, I’ll just go all in on Synchro shift with the 9160/9150 combo.

Scott

My LBS was having trouble finding the single vs dual buttons also, when I was doing this. I forgot that it had happened until I was reading this...

BTW, not trying to push dual vs single (*and I learned a lot from those that chimed in here, so thanks) but one thing you can do is program the buttons any way you want. For a while, when I was goofing around with the various options, I used full syncro on the top buttons of the end bar shifters and semi-syncro for the bottom ones.

And then, I changed when it would shift. I have a 50/34 compact crank with an 11/28 cassette. Normal default is to go from 50/11>50/24 and then it will change to 34/19 (skipping the 21). I tried letting it go all the way to 50/28>34/21. I tried changing at 50/21 and changing only one cog on the rear. You can decide at any gear you want to change the FD-- and also decide which combo to go to once it puts it into the small chain ring. It's actually set up for a very good incremental change by default.

I do wish I had the little beep to warn me, but I've learned to look down to see when I'm close to needing the small chain ring. It can be surprising when in full syncro and you think you have one more shift before it does the jump down to the small ring because it defaults to a change on the RD down a few cogs as well and there is a tiny delay that you must get used to.

Still, full syncro is pretty cool. Right now for the trainer, I have it set up to stay in the big chain ring all the way up to the 28 cog because I like it that way for now.

I had saved this when I was reading all about the DI2 stuff.
https://www.velonews.com/...synchro-shift_437682
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Great minds think alike!

Scott

Meant to get around to showing these.
I LOVE the way it came out.
Last edited by: dtoce: Jan 20, 19 5:11
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 conversion on Cervelo P3 [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I used the black styrofoam in the box to cut out a small piece to put in the front to prevent any water from going into the base which is where my DI2 junction box is. Was able to get it all in without needing to put it in a bento box.

:)
Last edited by: dtoce: Jan 20, 19 5:19
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 conversion on Cervelo P3 [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome rig. That'll also be a perfect candidate for our Universal Cover, which is getting very close to production.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next