Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Buying nothing for the bike in 2019 [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wish I could could along, but I've got into Norseman for next year and I'm not doing it on my 39/25..!!

Are straight gear ratio changes allowed under these rules? Mind you, I'm still on 10 speed and wouldn't it help if I could just upgr......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really satisfied with my 4-year old bike tt-bike. Will have it painted during the winter to get the "new-bike" feel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I have enough of a tire stockpile to get me through a couple of years.

So you are going to sit on your bike for the next couple of years thinking like this:
"Shit a grand prix 5000 is 2W faster per tire".
And after 5 minutes
And so on.
And when you come home to the wife you tell her

You'll have dreams about the grand prix 5000 not being faster. But than you wake up and think
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Anyone else have a similar mindset? Plan is to buy nothing for the bike in 2019, except inner tubes if needed. I have to fix up a couple of things on my mountain bike, i.e. brakes and shifters, which I'll probably do over the Christmas break, then I'm good. I have enough of a tire stockpile to get me through a couple of years.

Opposite - In need of a tri bike after selling mine during a move, and likely finally getting a nice roadie as well (if work bonuses allow). I love my CAAD9 but the time has come

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo
Quote Reply
Re: Buying nothing for the bike in 2019 [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trigirl357 wrote:

LOL :-)

Guess it is true for every sport
Replace Tri Gear by Horse Gear, and here is my wife...
Quote Reply
Re: Buying nothing for the bike in 2019 [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trigirl357 wrote:

Love it! Great cartoon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm taking that pledge. Consumables (chain, cables etc) only if necessary. Everything else? I'm good for the next year.

(a lot easier making that pledge having just bought a set of race wheels and new top of the line shoes...)

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Buying nothing for the bike in 2019 [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Wish I could could along, but I've got into Norseman for next year and I'm not doing it on my 39/25..!!

Are straight gear ratio changes allowed under these rules? Mind you, I'm still on 10 speed and wouldn't it help if I could just upgr......

Nope. Nothing but tubes and a chain (if absolutely necessary). I will allow tires, but they have to be Tufos or Gatorskins.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply

Prev Next