Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What should I do with my bike set up?- Follow up. My position [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find that hard to believe. But if true, you can buy low profile stems that will certainly fit.
Quote Reply
Re: What should I do with my bike set up?- Follow up. My position [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming the fork was cut to the Tri155 stem , you have ~29mm of clamping area to work with. 2018? and newer frames are shipped to the dealer uncut.

Compiling from the IA10,14,16 megathread, the following should work (thanks, Synnove):
--Felt IA Dagger (110mm) (16deg)
--TriRig Alpha X/Sigma X (100mm) (17deg)
--Syntace Flatforce (44mm-111mm) (15deg)
--FSA SI K-Stem & Non-Series (NS) Stem (60mm-120mm) (20deg)
--BLK-Tec M3 (80-110mm)

Ones that might fit:
--Thomson X2 Elite (80-130mm) (10,17deg)
--PD Aeria Ultimate Stem (70,100mm) (12deg)
--Culprit Aero (don't think ever came to existence)
--3T Integra LTD (least certain on this one)
Last edited by: TriFluid: Nov 8, 18 11:44
Quote Reply
Re: What should I do with my bike set up?- Follow up. My position [Taggart_95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your goal race is a month out, you don’t want to change much unless you’re experiencing pain. Most fitters will give you 5mm in any one direction to make adjustments – its not enough to throw you out of your fit but most realize clients still tinker when they leave.

The question fitters, here, forget to ask is what do you want to change. And, why do you want to change it. You’ve asked about some fits components but the conversation helps to determine if the athlete is chasing a position they think they should hold.

Most, here, will tell you: stretch out or slam the front end, move forward or whatever looks super aero.

But before you can get to those you have set the points/angles that drive things like drop and reach. A decent fitter will go in a circle – cleats, seat height (and have a really good conversation about saddle comfort here) set back. And, then work on reach and drop (not start with it).

If you look at your saddle – an ism of some kind – you’re kinda far back on it. You’re sitting on the widest part of that saddle. That will (most likely) chase you out of that position and bring you forward. Your pedal stroke is looking a bit tight as you come over the top – ankle is pretty jammed - and you haven’t yet gotten over the top to make power. With a static picture who knows what’s going on for sure but I’d like to see what your hips do when you do come up, over, and then make power. Crank length may be an appropriate next step – just depends. Crank length might be good but flexibility and functional fitness are tight. We don't know yet. Where you are on that saddle, flexibility and function fitness, and what your hips (and ankle) do are far more important than anything going on up front (right now). Up front is determined by these things.
Last edited by: PennBen: Nov 9, 18 8:31
Quote Reply

Prev Next