Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Serious question about Ironman [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Roth. Beer and a finisher beerstien the two years I competed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last weekend here in Louisville was the Urban Boubon Half Marathon sponsored by Jim Beam so there was bourbon and beer at the finish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is great local beer, and a lobster bake too, at the end of the Lobsterman Oly in Maine every fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is so fast. I raced against him not knowing who he was several years ago. I was sad when I finished and he had time to bake a cake and feed the homeless.
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about Ironman [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
I'm with you!

On thread topic, beer at triathlon finish line is in the minority in my experience in general. For various reasons, licensing, property restrictions, etc.

I work for an East Coast race company and we have a beer tent at a handful of our 50 events. At one we have a beer tent and catered BBQ... I'm usually working that one so BBQ and no beer tent for me.

Maybe your experience is representative of an East Coast area. This year I did about eight races between Biloxi, MS and Destin, FL, plus one in Ohio. I think all but two had beer. TTT in an Ohio park, and one MS race, also in a park did not serve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everything that is wrong with Triathlon could be solved by bringing back the beer garden.

We should all be able to agree on that.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about Ironman [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds awesome, but very cold. Is it all you can eat lobster and beer 😯

It is sounding like beer is the majority in most races. Thankfully.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
That sounds awesome, but very cold. Is it all you can eat lobster and beer 😯

It is sounding like beer is the majority in most races. Thankfully.

Sadly, no. There's a limit in the lobster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was stoked to be handed a giant beer after 70.3 Muskoka in ‘14 (or ‘15). I drank a couple of them. I’m a lightweight, and I was wondering if I was delusional that I felt nothing...nada. Looked at the big plastic stein. Erdinger Alkoholfrei. My German isn’t so good, but even I can translate that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
This has been on my mind for about 6 months. I heard the answer is "no" and it bothers me even more. Do you get free beer after an ironman?? Nats did not have free beer and that was off putting. For the price of an ironman though I would expect beer, otherwise I will stick to the local, cheaper races :))

I don’t understand. Your breaking point for doing or not doing a race is post race beer?
$20 will get you a cooler, ice, and your favorite 6 pack of beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about Ironman [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
AlyraD wrote:
This has been on my mind for about 6 months. I heard the answer is "no" and it bothers me even more. Do you get free beer after an ironman?? Nats did not have free beer and that was off putting. For the price of an ironman though I would expect beer, otherwise I will stick to the local, cheaper races :))

I don’t understand. Your breaking point for doing or not doing a race is post race beer?

It’s indicative of whether the RD cares about the athletes. No beer, you can safely infer that the RD is a heartless SOB.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about Ironman [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
KingMidas wrote:
AlyraD wrote:

It’s indicative of whether the RD cares about the athletes. No beer, you can safely infer that the RD is a heartless SOB.

Well. In that case I want a beer garden with 30 different beers on tap.
Post race nutrition should be Michelin starred.
And I want an assisted shower post race by an NFL cheerleader.

I will think much less of a race if the ahole RD doesn’t provide the above items.
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about Ironman [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMMD had free beer and pizza for everyone at the finish line this year. Finishers and spectators

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about Ironman [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Barcelona had free beer at the finishline

and Oktoberfest beer festival tent next door to T1/2 (German / Austrian and Belgium beer)
Quote Reply
Re: Serious question about Ironman [jztelemark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jztelemark wrote:
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Roth. Beer and a finisher beerstien the two years I competed.

They only have that non-alcoholic garbage. It's not beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cabo (RIP) had free beer and at Santa Rosa Lagunitas had an unofficial free beer tent right next to the finish line once you exited the post race madness. Show your wristband and get free beer that was $5 for everone else. It was nice to stand along the final 100 feet with a beer and watch the other finishers come in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The old timers will remember the Bud Light series. Fun times and all the BL you wanted. That was way before craft beer.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next