Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nats Swim [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
I used the De Soto speedtube all summer when I was living in Iowa. Most of the races around there are only wetsuit legal because they find a cold part on the lake to measure. It works great, you’re still cool but getting a lot of the wetsuit benefit still.

I had not thought about Desoto's 2 piece shortee wetsuits but sure, using the bottoms would be the ticket. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Nats Swim [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
imswimmer328 wrote:
I'm guessing they measured in the shallow water on the shore because that temp drop makes no sense. I was also going to go no wetsuit on Sunday because it was so warm; there's no way the main body of the lake was below 78

In a case like this, I'd go with a pair of the Roka swim shorts. I have a pair that was given to me but i've never even worn them in the pool b/c i would just feel weird wearing them, plus everyone would be asking about them since I’m always just wear a Speedo brief. I'll use the pull buoy sure, since it is an established piece of swim training equipment, just like the kick-board, but i'm not wearing any "cheater shorts" in the pool. A race like this with relatively warm water would be the perfect time for these shorts though. :)

I’d use mine, except I left them in a portapotty in Kona.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Nats Swim [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....disgusted that USAT officials kept sending swimmers into the water for 1 hour 30 minutes after pulling a swimmer unconscious from the water. How could the rescue crews be fully ready to respond after that tragedy!
No amateur race should be risking the lives of competitors. Period.
RIP
Jim Hix
Quote Reply
Re: Nats Swim [OverThresh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
disgusted that USAT officials kept sending swimmers into the water for 1 hour 30 minutes after pulling a swimmer unconscious from the water. How could the rescue crews be fully ready to respond after that tragedy!
No amateur race should be risking the lives of competitors. Period. //

A little dramatic, dont you think? Are you under the assumption that there was only one lifeguard? Now that would be quite risky, but I'm positive that there were others out in the water to keep an eye on the rest of the field. OR do you think "every" race should be cancelled once the first person is rescued in the swim?? And keep in mind that it is presumed a rescue at this point, they do not pronounce anyone dead in the water or on the beach...
Quote Reply

Prev Next