Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona wins by bike brand [commandersnake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commandersnake wrote:
Also, as a Canyon owner, I don't understand why they haven't tested the bike on a wind tunnel yet. (unless they did but preferred to hide its results?

https://www.tour-magazin.de/raeder/zeitfahrraeder/test-2017-zeitfahrraeder-von-bmc-canyon-cervlo-und-felt/a45071.html

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Kona wins by bike brand [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
Dave’s win in ‘82 was on a custom built Eisentraut. Then he had it painted the Centurion color scheme and labeled it as decaled it as such. Not sure if he ever road a Centurion “Dave Scott” model.

I wonder if anybody knows where this bike is today? In Dave's garage? Craigslist? Seems it should be hanging in a Triathlon Hall of Fame.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona wins by bike brand [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also had an Eisentraut at that ‘82 Kona race. So I had asked him about it years later. Not a friend, just a fan.
Many years ago I think he still had it somewhere.
Maybe someone who knows him better can ask.
Oct. 82 was the race he had the fastest swim, bike and run splits.
Mark caught him on the bike, but then dropped out with a mechanical

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Kona wins by bike brand [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's riding a Specialized in retirement now I believe. At least that's what he had when we rode a couple years ago. Then again, he may have a zillion bikes for all I know. Maybe you can find some Twitter pics of him on whatever he is riding now.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona wins by bike brand [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny. I just saw him on a Scott (and sexy Enve deep rims) in Twitter. Literally 2 minutes ago.

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: Kona wins by bike brand [Jorge Reynal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorge Reynal wrote:
Hey Juancito,

Glad to see you here...too.

I think? I think is like saying "I believe". Not the right answer. Show me the data. I want hard facts. Not beliefs or "thinks".
Not looking to buying a new bike. You and I know that getting a new bike, at least for us mere mortals, depends on many other factors other than podiums.

Just entered into a discussion with a friend of mine. He was saying that Cervelo is the winningest bike ever. I was saying "not".

Slainte Mthat (goodbye in Gaelic).

commandersnake wrote:
Jorgito...

If you consider male wins, I think Specialized got more wins. If you consider female wins, well, due to the # of times the same female athletes have won in Kona, (Like Paula or Natasha) then you should consider their bikes...

My question to you is, are you looking for a new bike and the decision factor is based on how many Kona wins each brand won? (Not the smartest way to choose a bike, in my opinion)

Or maybe this is just a matter of curiosity?

I mean it would be REALLY stupid to choose your bike based on Kona wins. That's how I chose my Canyon Speedmax! :-P

No Cervelo is not the winningest bike ever because generally they won't pay athletes top dollar to ride their bikes.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona wins by bike brand [Jorge Reynal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pinerello has won 6 of the last 7 Tours de France and the last 4 Grand Tours, though I doubt anyone would put much weight to that statistic other than "they happen to be the brand that sponsors the team that wins."

Any implications from Kona are the same.
Last edited by: timbasile: Aug 2, 18 6:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next