Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: anyone using a rocker plate for their e-trainers? [RONDAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does the full length rocker enhance the experience over a rear wheel only?
how long did it take to get the sbr delivered?
thanks for the feedback. i can only imagine knocking out a 2-2.5-3 hr trainer ride and not being kind of shattered.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using a rocker plate for their e-trainers? [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:

They certainly help, but they aren't magic. I probably increased my comfortable trainer time by 75%.

I built one in about an hour using 3/4" plywood, 3/4" linear shaft, and 4 pillow block bearings. I'm using ratcheting tie-downs to hold the trainer down and spike balls to center the board.

Rocker Photos

Thank's for these pictures and links. This is too easy not to try.

I'm building one this week for my Kickr.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using a rocker plate for their e-trainers? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumb question, but I'll ask...

Did you put something under the front wheel to level the bike? If the front wheel is too high or too low, you may experience discomfort.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using a rocker plate for their e-trainers? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never heard of rocker plates until this post. They sound really cool and I would use one except it looks like it costs more than my smart trainer.

Maybe one day when price comes down or I am more well off I would be willing to get one. Anything to make indoor riding feel more realistic is a huge plus.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using a rocker plate for their e-trainers? [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rob_bell wrote:
Dumb question, but I'll ask...

Did you put something under the front wheel to level the bike? If the front wheel is too high or too low, you may experience discomfort.

yup. i have thicker kids books stacked up under my front tire. the kids havnt said anything about their missing books yet.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried searching facebook for the "zwift rocker plates" group with no luck... can anyone provide a link or help out?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using a rocker plate for their e-trainers? [Doubravsky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using a rocker plate for their e-trainers? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: anyone using a rocker plate for their e-trainers? [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just built one of these: https://zwiftinsider.com/rockit-launcher/

I think it cost me about $40 to $50 but I didn't add it all up. I have only done two rides on it so I don't really have strong feelings either way about it yet. I am a little surprised Slowtwitch has not jumped on this train, but perhaps it appeals to more to the hobbyist crowd as opposed to the scientific/evidence based slowtwitch crowd. For me, half of the appeal was actually building the thing. I like this sort of project but to each their own. We'll see if I use it for the long term. If I like the rocking action, I will probably build something more elaborate, as again, I would enjoy designing and building something of my own.

The best part of building it was going to Home Depot where I needed help finding and cutting the lumber. I had a total of three Home Depot employees ask me what I was building. I felt pretty ridiculous trying to explain it, but the last employee I worked with that did the cuts for me had a triathlete friend and was all in on the project, haha.
Quote Reply

Prev Next