Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
lightheir wrote:
Billabong wrote:
by someone I have not seen in a number of months, guess I am almost to Race Weight.

5'10
January 1, 200 LBS
March 14, 195
July 1, 165

I hope that's not in the same year - 30 lbs from Mar-July?!

I think we have a David Goggins on our hands.

I think it is against forum rules to accuse someone of being a PED user.
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [Jason AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason AZ wrote:
As a skinny person, people asking me if I lost weight always bothered me. I don't understand why people think it's ok to tell people they look sick or that they need to eat.

I think in situations like that it is okay to make it clear that you don't value their comments.
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6ft 150 here and I've gotten the "Are you okayyyy?" talk a couple of times.

People are so clueless as to what "not obese" looks like that I don't even care anymore. If you don't have 20lb of fat on your gut in the US, you're "skinny." Average is overweight; 3/4 of people are.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
So you lost 10 lbs per month from Apr, May, June, or 2.25 pounds per week. Yikes!

Yikes what? I went from 195 on January 23rd, 2015 to 154 on June 8th, 2015. If my math is right that was 2.1 lbs / week. Its difficult to do any HARD training while doing that---But, LSD stuff isn't much of a challenge.
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
I can’t believe people can be so rude, imagine the outcry if you turned around and commented on how fat someone was lol

... You think people don't? "Run, you fat bitch!" is one of my favourite things to hear when I'm training. LOVE that. And the sideeye in transition. That's also awesome.

Congrats, Billabong. I know damn well that every pound is hard fought for.
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
lightheir wrote:

So you lost 10 lbs per month from Apr, May, June, or 2.25 pounds per week. Yikes!

Yikes what? I went from 195 on January 23rd, 2015 to 154 on June 8th, 2015. If my math is right that was 2.1 lbs / week. Its difficult to do any HARD training while doing that---But, LSD stuff isn't much of a challenge.

Really? You don't think losing 2.1lbs/week is a lot? Most folks here can't even lose 2 pounds per 3 months!
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Really? You don't think losing 2.1lbs/week is a lot? Most folks here can't even lose 2 pounds per 3 months!

I guess I interpreted your "yikes!" as meaning something like..."that's too much", eg unhealthy in some way. If you didn't mean it that way...

Yes, 2+ lbs a week is "a lot". My personal experience is that it is on the upper end of sustainable for someone in the 15-30 %bf range. Its easier to sustain above 15%, and its easier to sustain as long as the workout regimen doesn't include much intensity. But, the close I get to "raceweight", or the more intensity I add to the program...the harder it gets to "not eat".

Getting started was hard. I really started at 207. It took a few months to really get on the program and work out how to "manage it". During that time I sort of slowly drifted from 207 down to the mid-190s. Honestly, once I got to 195 the plan was set and I was on a fixed trajectory. During the period from 195 to 160, it was no big deal---just kept it rolling day after day, week after week. Once I got on the "slope" keeping it going was easy. If you saw my loss-graph its a VERY straight line in that region. Once I got below 160 things began to taper off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
Jason AZ wrote:
As a skinny person, people asking me if I lost weight always bothered me. I don't understand why people think it's ok to tell people they look sick or that they need to eat.

I think in situations like that it is okay to make it clear that you don't value their comments.

Not only does D'Wife sometimes call me "Skinny Little Shit" she also says - when I'm on the couch with a blanket with the A/C at 74* - "Of course, you're always cold ... You've got no fucking insulation"

When were at our friend's party a couple weeks ago, one of our gym friends was looking at me funny as I was clearing off my 2nd plate of a meatball sandwich & pasta salad. Then I remembered she was one of the folks D'Wife was talking to when - from across the room, because she's loud - I heard her say "The little shit barely eats anything, that's how!!! He's like a fucking bird"

"As you can see, Caroline" I told her "I actually DO eat"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Not only does D'Wife sometimes call me "Skinny Little Shit" she also says - when I'm on the couch with a blanket with the A/C at 74* - "Of course, you're always cold ... You've got no fucking insulation"

Your wife is my kindred spirit. I have stepsons like you. Skinny little shits, all three of 'em.
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Your wife is my kindred spirit. I have stepsons like you. Skinny little shits, all three of 'em.

I identify as a small, relatively hairless mammal with a high metabolism

I should probably live in the desert, not South Jersey

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

I should probably live ....not South Jersey

Should anyone really live in Jersey?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I identify as a small, relatively hairless mammal with a high metabolism

I should probably live in the desert, not South Jersey

I live in Maine. I'm apparently holding onto all the insulation to cover the effing seven months of winter.
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justinhorne wrote:
6ft 150 here and I've gotten the "Are you okayyyy?" talk a couple of times.

People are so clueless as to what "not obese" looks like that I don't even care anymore. If you don't have 20lb of fat on your gut in the US, you're "skinny." Average is overweight; 3/4 of people are.
Agree... 3/4 is a very safe number! I take "skinny" with a grain of salt as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
RandMart wrote:

My wife hates me too. I could eat McDonald’s all week and lose weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
RandMart wrote:

I should probably live ....not South Jersey

Should anyone really live in Jersey?

Fuck you. Jersey is awesome. If you can take a beating

Let me rephrase. No one one should, but the very special few can

https://www.eater.com/...s-unknown-new-jersey

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UK2ME wrote:
I'm apparently holding onto all the insulation to cover the effing seven months of winter.

It's called Bioprene around here

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6158996#p6158996

Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I go into a tattoo place to start a partial sleeve that I've wanted for a while. I wanted to start with two koi fish swimming in opposite directions. It was going to look fantastic, that is until the artist looked at my arms and said, "your arms aren't big enough for two fish." I still haven't started that damn sleeve. That was 3 years ago.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Let me rephrase. No one one should, but the very special few canhttps://www.eater.com/...s-unknown-new-jersey[/url]

I forgot that he was from Jersey. I take it all back. Mr. Bourdain makes Jersey worth it---man that guy had a way with quotes that cut to the quick. God rest his soul.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Jul 3, 18 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rsmoylan wrote:
... the artist looked at my arms and said, "your arms aren't big enough for two fish." I still haven't started that damn sleeve. That was 3 years ago.

You're better off. The artist was clearly a hack. A talented, or even competently skilled one, would've been able to scale the piece to match your proportion

I could be wrong; Virginia Plain would be my go-to resource to on this one

Last edited by: RandMart: Jul 3, 18 11:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
cloy wrote:
lightheir wrote:
Billabong wrote:
by someone I have not seen in a number of months, guess I am almost to Race Weight.

5'10
January 1, 200 LBS
March 14, 195
July 1, 165

I hope that's not in the same year - 30 lbs from Mar-July?!

I think we have a David Goggins on our hands.

I think it is against forum rules to accuse someone of being a PED user.

Having followed him for a few years, I don't know what that man is on; however, if he's on something, I need to get an entire case of it ASAP.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
rsmoylan wrote:
... the artist looked at my arms and said, "your arms aren't big enough for two fish." I still haven't started that damn sleeve. That was 3 years ago.

You're better off. The artist was clearly a hack. A talented, or even competently skilled one, would've been able to scale the piece to match your proportion

I could be wrong; Virginia Plain would be my go-to resource to on this one

Aaaaactually, you're not 100% correct. There are artists out there who will do anything as long as they get paid. Even if it looks bad. There are really arrogant artists who are all like, "I simply cannot work with this!" But a good artist will work with what you want and the amount of real estate that they have to work with and will try to come up with something (usually totally different than what you expected) to make a real good looking tattoo. I go in having an idea but I keep my mind open, know that #1, I have real skinny arms and #2, (much like a hair cut) it's difficult to replicate an exact image.
Your best bet is to say, "I have an idea for this..." let them draw it up and the two of you make tweeks together.
Unfortunately there are WAY TOO MANY arrogant tattoo artists.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Let me rephrase. No one one should, but the very special few can

https://www.eater.com/...s-unknown-new-jersey

I forgot that he was from Jersey. I take it all back. Mr. Bourdain makes Jersey worth it---man that guy had a way with quotes that cut to the quick. God rest his soul.

I knew you'd see it my way

Thank you for reconsidering

Quote Reply

Prev Next