Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I got called Anorexic today...
Quote | Reply
by someone I have not seen in a number of months, guess I am almost to Race Weight.

5'10
January 1, 200 LBS
March 14, 195
July 1, 165

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! 10 more pounds and you'll be at race weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
26 years ago I topped out at 155 lbs (I'm 5'5") and over a 6 month period I started running seriously and got down to 130 lbs. Everyone asked me if I was sick. I continued serious running and set my marathon PR 7 years later and just 2 lbs less down to 128.

Today I'm still 128 lbs and healthier than ever...just a whole lot older and slower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a skinny person, people asking me if I lost weight always bothered me. I don't understand why people think it's ok to tell people they look sick or that they need to eat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats. My mom already thinks I am near-anorexic and forbade me from losing any more weight. I'm 52, 5-10, & 185 lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, all my family tell me I could use a cookie or box of cookies. Ironman training makes it hard to keep any weight on. 6’1, 165lbs.

https://trigeek1969.blogspot.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When they tell you you’re anorexic, they’re not taking to you. They’re talking to the voice in their head that’s mumbling to them ‘It’s already 17 years you’re trying to go to gym regularly’.

Let them converse in peace.
Last edited by: ask77nl: Jul 2, 18 15:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Male, 49 years old: 5' 11", 151 lbs

My side of the family says, "Congrats you look great!"
My wife's side, "You need to eat more!"
My coworkers, "Do you have cancer!??"

My wife did note yesterday, "I can see every muscle in your body: back, abs, shoulders, quads, calves!" I took that as a good thing.

At 19, I weighed 141. Three years ago, I weighed 205. Glad to be back to normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! I've had the same reception several times over the years -- and at least one asking if I was seriously ill. I weigh 175 lbs, but that's probably 125 pounds less than my father or brother. (I used to be 75 pounds heavier, but lost it in 1981. Kept it off ever since.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
by someone I have not seen in a number of months, guess I am almost to Race Weight.

5'10
January 1, 200 LBS
March 14, 195
July 1, 165

Oh, and....CONGRATS. I know how much work that is at this stage of life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know that when I start seeing veins popping out in weird places - lats, upper abs, etc - I’m nearing race weight. IMLP in less than 3 weeks and I’m nearing race weight!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:

5'10
January 1, 200 LBS
March 14, 195
July 1, 165

I hope that's not in the same year - 30 lbs from Mar-July?!
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Billabong wrote:

5'10
January 1, 200 LBS
March 14, 195
July 1, 165

I think we have a David Goggins on our hands.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Billabong wrote:

5'10
January 1, 200 LBS
March 14, 195
July 1, 165

Yes, up until a week ago Sunday I was training for REV3 Williamsburg Half this Sunday, but a twisted knee stopped my running. I use myfitnesspal. I found I was eating over 75% carbs and about 9% protein. I set my goals at 50% Carbs, 30% Protein 20% fat, followed their caloric intake. I am actually eating more food than before, feeling great and for the first time in my adult life I can see the Abs.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
lightheir wrote:
Billabong wrote:

5'10
January 1, 200 LBS
March 14, 195
July 1, 165

Yes, up until a week ago Sunday I was training for REV3 Williamsburg Half this Sunday, but a twisted knee stopped my running. I use myfitnesspal. I found I was eating over 75% carbs and about 9% protein. I set my goals at 50% Carbs, 30% Protein 20% fat, followed their caloric intake. I am actually eating more food than before, feeling great and for the first time in my adult life I can see the Abs.

So you lost 10 lbs per month from Apr, May, June, or 2.25 pounds per week. Yikes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
41 yr old male and 137 pounds at 6ft.

People always tell me they are fearful of my weight. Or the worst... "You need to eat a cheeseburger."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitch quide to determining race weight: "the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman (Dan Empfield)

Larry Lahodny
Owner, Gizmo Socks
Henderson, NV
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [lahodny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bumped into an old school friend last week and he asked if I was OK, saying I looked gaunt and sick. I don't think he realised how happy he made me feel.
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'11.6 (182 cm)
152 lb race weight
155-160 in winter ))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can’t believe people can be so rude, imagine the outcry if you turned around and commented on how fat someone was lol
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
I can’t believe people can be so rude, imagine the outcry if you turned around and commented on how fat someone was lol

Ha ha yeh I know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a burger and get the T shirt.

Last edited by: moonmonkey02: Jul 3, 18 4:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pictures or did not happen
Quote Reply
Re: I got called Anorexic today... [lahodny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lahodny wrote:
Slowtwitch quide to determining race weight: "the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman (Dan Empfield)
For sure... as a former basketball/football player, I'll never be tiny... @ 5'11" and 170lbs but I still get the cancer, etc. comments sometimes.

When travelling in Europe I feel more "normal".. far less overweight people there. Here in the US it seems the norm is 20lbs. overweight at least.
Quote Reply

Prev Next