Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Frankfurt Pro Race [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Yes, I think Ryf and Frodo will be heavy favorites in Hawaii. I think at some point Lucy Charles may give Daniella problems but that’s a year or two away.

I think Lucy will be a threat, but not enough right now.

Question is will Rfy still be around for Kona in the next 1-2 years? With the 2020 games coming and how dominate Ryf is, maybe she will turn to another event to feed her competitive desire. After all she has literally accomplished everything she can in long course triathlon and already did the ITU game. Maybe she goes into cycling TT for 2020? Or maybe she retires "early"? She did just recently complete school and is such a athletic star in Switzerland that she doesn't really need the pay that triathlon offers.

She's a great athlete, very dominate. I am more curious about what she does post Kona this year then what she actually does in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt Pro Race [CU427] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CU427 wrote:
Timtek wrote:
Yes, I think Ryf and Frodo will be heavy favorites in Hawaii. I think at some point Lucy Charles may give Daniella problems but that’s a year or two away.

I think Lucy will be a threat, but not enough right now.

Question is will Rfy still be around for Kona in the next 1-2 years? With the 2020 games coming and how dominate Ryf is, maybe she will turn to another event to feed her competitive desire. After all she has literally accomplished everything she can in long course triathlon and already did the ITU game. Maybe she goes into cycling TT for 2020? Or maybe she retires "early"? She did just recently complete school and is such a athletic star in Switzerland that she doesn't really need the pay that triathlon offers.

She's a great athlete, very dominate. I am more curious about what she does post Kona this year then what she actually does in Kona.

That was my prediction in an earlier thread.

2018,2019 Kona, that would give her 5 which is a nice round number, in addition some fast race to try and go 8.10 or something stupid like that
2020 Olympic TT, remember, this was talked about in 2016 as well, so she is interested, but then decided against it since it was not realistic with the Kona goals
2021 and beyond ...who knows
Quote Reply
Re: IM Frankfurt Pro Race [markko] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no idea what the future holds for Daniella. However, she’s one of the top earners in the sport so she may very well continue to do exactly what she’s doing now which is dominate long course.

Olympic qualification has already begun in some of the other sports (like WTS tri). If she was transitioning for 2020 that window has passed in my opinion.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next