Re: Let's Put Everyone in Texas! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
JSA wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Well said.

You don't see that in Texas.

No. You see bulls with signs that say “Will do bovine stuff for money.”

Btw an anagram of my name is: A bovine drip line.

I have no idea what that means but it sounds disgusting.

I won't embed the video, it is highly NSFW and viewer discretion is advised. From Full Metal Jacket: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKFuc8CdvoA

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Put Everyone in Texas! [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

Some of the current residents might not be too happy about some/many of their new neighbors.
Didn't take long for these Texans to cave. (Not that the scenery in the foreground of this picture would make me want to stay in Texas.)

"The billboard, which read, "Liberals, Please continue on I-40 until you have left our GREAT STATE OF TEXAS," was removed Wednesday

The Amarillo Convention and Visitors Council has purchased ad space on the billboard and intends to put up a welcome sign."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-billboard-telling-liberals-to-leave-the-state-removed-report-says/ar-AAyVEZV

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Put Everyone in Texas! [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:

Didn't take long for these Texans to cave. (Not that the scenery in the foreground of this picture would make me want to stay in Texas.)

"The billboard, which read, "Liberals, Please continue on I-40 until you have left our GREAT STATE OF TEXAS," was removed Wednesday

The Amarillo Convention and Visitors Council has purchased ad space on the billboard and intends to put up a welcome sign."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-billboard-telling-liberals-to-leave-the-state-removed-report-says/ar-AAyVEZV

You didn't quote the best part...

The owner of the billboard said that the client who paid for the sign asked for it to be taken down, as they didn't realize how controversial it would become.

Basically the client who paid for the sign is a fucking r-word.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 21, 18 7:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

You didn't quote teh best part...

The owner of the billboard said that the client who paid for the sign asked for it to be taken down, as they didn't realize how controversial it would become.

The sign said liberals, not people of color or other people liable to discrimination. It had to do with political ideology as well as philosophical ideology, I guess. How was it racist?

Increasingly, I see people of a certain ideological stripe toss out the racism charge as a means of shutting down the conversation and speech of others, almost all of whom are afraid of being tarred with that label, and rightly so.

My question is, who gets to be the arbiter of what's racist or not?

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Jun 21, 18 7:20
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Put Everyone in Texas! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:

You didn't quote teh best part...

The sign said liberals, not people of color or other people liable to discrimination. It had to do with political ideology as well as philosophical ideology, I guess. How was it racist?

Increasingly, I see people of a certain ideological stripe toss out the racism charge as a means of shutting down the conversation and speech of others, almost all of whom are afraid of being tired with that label, and rightly so.

The R word I am not using isn't Racist. It is a banned word and rhymes with dotard.

Basically, if you don't know that this sign would be controversial then you must be mentally deficient.

Last edited by: BLeP: Jun 21, 18 7:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What’s wrong with the word “rotard”?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Put Everyone in Texas! [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
What’s wrong with the word “rotard”?

Don't be rotarded.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's Put Everyone in Texas! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Check out JP Sears on Facebook. He's answered that for you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next