Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting in late here, but OH SHIT?!?!? $2700 for a disc wheel? That's steep!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
Interesting that they came out with a disc so soon after Specialized. I’m guessing both of these companies will stick a price tag of well over 2k on them. People will drink the marketing juice and buy them despite Flo, Hed, Renn, Aerocoach, etc all making discs just as fast (and perhaps faster) for a third the cost

SwissSide is also coming out with a disc (early) next year.

Is Aerocoach's disc a clincher?

Yup, AeroCoach is a clincher (there's a tub version for the track and tandems, I think). I should be getting mine next week...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a difference in rim shape between rim and disc brake versions? might have missed it...
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
Approximately 3x my HED black disc.
or 4-5x my Flo
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And worse braking (for non disc version)
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
Thorax wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
Interesting that they came out with a disc so soon after Specialized. I’m guessing both of these companies will stick a price tag of well over 2k on them. People will drink the marketing juice and buy them despite Flo, Hed, Renn, Aerocoach, etc all making discs just as fast (and perhaps faster) for a third the cost

Yup, AeroCoach is a clincher (there's a tub version for the track and tandems, I think). I should be getting mine next week...

Why is everyone so taken with aerocoach? Ive seen numerous of their arm pads snap during normal use, doesnt give me confidence Im afraid.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [jayski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayski wrote:

Why is everyone so taken with aerocoach? Ive seen numerous of their arm pads snap during normal use, doesnt give me confidence Im afraid.

Stupid cheap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dunno, why are people smitten with any other company? They seem to put out reasonably-priced products with a dead-on focus on going fast. Chainrings, armpads for aero positioning, and now wheels.

I have their arm-pads. Thick, sturdy plastic far stiffer than the Bontragers I had on previously. No problems in the last few months... Their aero work convinced me, they're cheaper to obtain than FLO (in my country), so I ordered a set. Hope not to be disappointed.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
jayski wrote:

Stupid cheap.

Words, in that order, that do not make me want to buy from this company.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
? When did physics start discriminating?

when did it ever not?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jayski wrote:

Words, in that order, that do not make me want to buy from this company.

Sounds like Enve is the disc for you. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jayski wrote:
tessar wrote:
Thorax wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

Their arm pads are snapping? Or the bolts anchoring the pads are snapping?
I have the pads and they are crazy stiff.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
jayski wrote:
tessar wrote:
Thorax wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

Their arm pads are snapping? Or the bolts anchoring the pads are snapping?
I have the pads and they are crazy stiff.

I have personally seen 2 arm pads on different bikes owned by different people snapping. The problem with stiff plastic is that it will snap when impacted in the right area. From what I saw a few repeated bumps when down on the aerobars while riding rough roads was enough to do it. They may have fixed the issue now I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Disc wheel photos [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just read this on the Cycling News/Bike Radar article:
Quote:
However, when developing the wheel, ENVE found that the bead stiffness on a tubeless-compatible road tyre was putting enough pressure onto the rim that the wheel moved out of dish.

ENVE has eliminated this problem using a combination of 'laminate design and tooling offset', meaning that when the tyre is installed and inflated, the wheel moves into dish. Whether or not different tyre pressures could affect the wheel dish is unclear.

Surely that can't be as bad as it sounds?! What if I wanted to run a normal tyre (i.e. non-tubeless) that has a normal bead stiffness? Is it going to be completely out of dish?!

Either way, I can't afford one and nor am I fast enough to benefit from one apparently! :D
Quote Reply

Prev Next