Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NEW- best bike pump for race transition [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Where are you getting that data?

Hi- which data are you asking about? All of the data I noted on my post were from testing I did after getting the pump. I fully inflated a 700 x 25 tire 12 times. I had to recharge the pump after 4 tires. Recharging took about 3 hours each time. Testing was over 2 days. Weights were from a digital scale made for weighing small items, measurements were from a tape measure, gauge comparison was with a Topeak digital.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW- best bike pump for race transition [IntenseOne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No the data showing that a disc is only good at those yaw angles. Sorry for the confusion!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IntenseOne wrote:
ericlambi wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
My bad. Here it is and I’ll insert the link into my first post:

https://www.fumpapumps.com/shop/fumpa/

Cool, thanks. I guessed this is what it was based on your description. The Amazon generic ones are cheaper, but having the built in presta adapter sounds awfully nice. The head on this thing fits on disc wheels no trouble?

I also have a fumpa pump. They make 2 flavors, a smaller one with no gauge, and a bigger one that includes a gauge. I have the smaller one. Compared to the amazon pump, the Fumpa will fill a tire about twice as fast, but it is also twice as loud, as in VERY loud! The Fumpa battery will only last for 2 tires before it needs recharging. I doubt you would be able to use a Fumpa on a disk, as you would need at least 3.5 inches of clearance above your presta valve to get the Fumpa pump head on and off. It was designed specifically as an alternative to CO2. Because of the gauge, and auto shut off, I find the Amazon pump much more useful.

I have the larger one (though it's still tiny). No doubt it's loud!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice pump! if using any disc valve adapter, would you think it will work for inflating a disc wheel?
Based on your previous descriptions, seems it may not work to inflate a disc wheel without the adapter.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW- best bike pump for race transition [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
Nice pump! if using any disc valve adapter, would you think it will work for inflating a disc wheel?
Based on your previous descriptions, seems it may not work to inflate a disc wheel without the adapter.

Hard to be certain on disk wheels, as there are lots of variations on the cut outs. If you have 2 3/4 inches of clearance from the top of the Presta valve it will definitely work, and very likely with 2 1/2 inch. If there is less clearance, you might have to slightly angle the presta valve, or modify the pump valve head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
could this pump work with an adapter like this? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Innovations-Wheel-Adapter-Angled/dp/B00ACTMXTK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526228997&sr=8-1&keywords=disc+valve+adapter&dpID=41dcwuGY21L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Quote Reply
Re: NEW- best bike pump for race transition [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
could this pump work with an adapter like this? Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Innovations-Wheel-Adapter-Angled/dp/B00ACTMXTK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526228997&sr=8-1&keywords=disc+valve+adapter&dpID=41dcwuGY21L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Probably- but you would have to cut the head off of the supplied hose/head and assembly and replace it with the angled presta head. You may also need to use a small length of hose from an old pump to adapt to the diameter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The darkness/reading gauges shouldn't be an issue. Free headlamp if you watch ads at Harbor Freight Tools, or I saw one at TJ Max for $4.99. Lighting issue solved. I just got the Lezyne Travel Alloy pump for Chrismas, love it. No thumblock on the head but you can hold the valve on with one hand & single arm pump. No batteries to fail/run own, light weight & stores nicely in a normal backpack. I did upgrade to an alloy L-adapter for disc from the plastic one that comes with the pump, but the free one will work.
Quote Reply
Re: NEW- best bike pump for race transition [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does it work on non-threaded valve extenders?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply

Prev Next