Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Book for AG swimming [athabus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a podcast from Gerry Rodrigues of Tower 26 where he talks about periodization (periodization stuff starts about 10 minutes in):

http://tower26radio.libsyn.com/episode-1-introduction-to-tower-26-radio-and-the-5-pillars-to-building-a-successful-swim-training-plan
Quote Reply
Re: Book for AG swimming [athabus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's not the 30-50k a week you need to worry about. It's taking the principles in the book and applying it to your training. Scale it for you.

No way you'll catch me swimming 30+k/wk. Everyone in my little swim group at Oside either was out in the top 8 of their Ag (iirc) and/or set a swim PB. We swim ~ 12-14k/wk in three 70-80 min sessions. When we started in January I came up with a plan to get us to Oside in pretty good shape. Does it look exactly like the plans in that book? Probably not, but I planned and applied some periodization things to the group.

We're now doing main sets that are longer than entire workouts were in those first 2 weeks and we're in the pool the same amount of time.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Book for AG swimming [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I couldn't tell, your English is better than a lot of native English speakers

I wish my former English teacher shared this opinion ;-)

@desert_dude - I definitely must read this book. 12-14km is beyond my current time capability, but believe I can hit 12km in coming years, when my toddler get older. In the end, even if I break some rules, it is good thing to know them.

@Bill / @Race1
I know Swim Smooth (have their book, subscribed to their feel for the water blog - probably subscribe to their paid site in near feature), I like Gerry Rodirgues podcast and video on youtube from his seminary. I also like Sheila Taromina and her Swim Speed Workouts. Those three sources are my "base line" for planing workouts at the moment.
Quote Reply

Prev Next