Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, you don't have a work address to use? That's like 80% of the reason I have an outside office.
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
Write on an index card:

COUPON
Best sex of your life!
Redeemable anytime*!

*when I am not training.

That'll smooth things over.

Getting Sex and a new bike in the same week? I've got no chance of being THAT lucky. I've been married too long and i've got too many kids... I guess that's why i need a new bike ;)

Turns out this worked after all :)

As a lesson to everyone considering doing a similar non-agreed bike purchase, who is clearly too stupid to have the bike delivered to work, I can summarise the journey of the last 24 hours using the metaphor of a Flandrian Classic. Lots of ups and downs and rough cobbled sections, some requiring some rapid changes in direction and careful navigation. But happily the race ended in a sprint to the finish :)

And i've still got a new bike :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
Ummm. I can't be the first one to ever do this, surely.

What's the protocol here?

Tell her you're a company beta tester, and the bike is free, as long as you ride five days a week and report back your observations. Set her up for the next bike by telling her that, if you do a good job for them, they're likely to send you a new bike next year. Then you're all set.
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love this strategy. It also helps that my wife has terrible memory!

"Looks like I need to buy you Ginko Biloba too!"
Quote Reply

Prev Next