Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 70.3 Eagleman [Peterszew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I can only hope for the rain expected sometime tomorrow and over night on Saturday (I would love a wetsuit legal swim). That will definitely cool it off under the cutoff.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Eagleman [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:

The only 70.3 races I've done that have had transition bags have been at the world championships.

Honu does them, but then it’s a split transition. Additionally, they have a “no stuff on the ground” rule in T1, which I will say is a pretty small area for the number of bikes that are there.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Eagleman [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the rain forecast for Sunday concern anyone?

Seems like a lot of rain expected and maybe thunderstorms.
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Eagleman [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
Does the rain forecast for Sunday concern anyone?

Seems like a lot of rain expected and maybe thunderstorms.

I am, for a lot of different reasons. Don't want my wife to get soaked. Hoping we get parking close to transition so she can sit in car. Gotta think about how to keep things dry in transition. If there are thunderstorms or if the rain is that bad, will the swim be cancelled? Should I wear my Giro Aerohead with a dark visor, or do I have to wear my road helmet with rain lenses in the sunglasses?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Eagleman [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is always a possibility of the swim getting cancelled or something like that but it's out of your control so just prepare to swim and go with the flow. I would assume the first thing they will do, if needed, is push the swim time a little later to avoid a storm. Not really sure what the deal would be if Sunday rolls around and its going to storm all day.

I'd plan for the worst and hope for the best. I think we will definitely be getting some rain during the day, whether or not its all day or just a storm cell that comes through quickly, who knows. I plan on just wrapping my transition bag in a trashbag (or maybe just my shoes) to keep them as dry as possible. Besides that everything as normal.

On the plus side, it won't be hot, if it rains Saturday night the swim will most likely be wetsuit legal, and the winds look pretty tame!

Edit to add: And if you want to look more positively about the weather only look at noaa.gov. They are saying only 40% chance of rain and storms possible after 2pm.
Last edited by: FuzzyRunner: Jun 8, 18 15:56
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Eagleman [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The biggest issue will be Great Marsh Park being a muddy mess. It's rained during MD 2 years ago and it was ankle deep water and mud in the park (not flood water)

Either way should be cool and light winds

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Eagleman [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do they have wetsuit strippers?
Quote Reply
Re: 70.3 Eagleman [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Do they have wetsuit strippers?