Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: M45-49 IM age grouper World Record?: 8:07 S 51 B 4:28 R 2:41 [Barlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barlow’s comment is spot on. I’m always impressed by the great performances around the world by both AGers and pros alike. It’s not hard to fantasize what it must be like to possess such talent...and to be married to Cindy Crawford, be incredibly handsome, have lots of money, etc. (although at 60 I’m at peace with it now).

What really is impressive is consistency, both important sports and in life. The people that really impress me are people that excel for very, very long times. Speaks to both talent and character! Can Brown, Jeff Bezos, Tom Brady....

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: M45-49 IM age grouper World Record?: 8:07 S 51 B 4:28 R 2:41 [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thread is started on the celebration of an age group “work record”. I don’t disagree with your sentiment that they are better than me—in triathlon.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Mar 5, 18 5:13
Quote Reply
Re: M45-49 IM age grouper World Record?: 8:07 S 51 B 4:28 R 2:41 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Chapeau to Cam Brown taking third in the pro field out of the M45-49 crew!!!! Is this an age group world record....and the 2:41 run!!!!

Yeah, in 10 years when he's my age, he'll know what it's like to REALLY suck, he probably won't even break 8:20

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Last edited by: manofthewoods: Mar 5, 18 15:11
Quote Reply
Re: M45-49 IM age grouper World Record?: 8:07 S 51 B 4:28 R 2:41 [Plissken74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plissken74 wrote:
great Cameron but now I want to throw here my stone...

we know there are ex-pro (older AG over 45) but also younger ex-pro in the 30s who are still easily winning AG
then I had this thought:

- create Elite W and Elite M categories
- WTC automatically move into these categories (if not yet done during registration spontaneously), anybody who is within 10% of the PRO W and PRO M winners final race ranking (10% is just a number, can be 5% or 15% I don't know what would be best)
- reserve Kona slots for these 2 categories as for any other AG cat

what do you think?
wouldnt be more fair for Kona hopers?

Nah.

If you want to race pro, get a pro card and race pro.

If you want to race "AG", don't have a pro card.

All this ex-pro and elite category is just bullshit to make slower people feel good about themselves.
Quote Reply
Re: M45-49 IM age grouper World Record?: 8:07 S 51 B 4:28 R 2:41 [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Exactly what the pro is doing. Racing down because they are too slow to compete as a pro anymore.
Quote Reply

Prev Next