Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No Special Needs Bag? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
I can't/don't want to carry all calories with me from the start on either leg and can't/don't want to use oncourse stuff since I haven't been training with it. Would I be better off stopping at both SN to restock on pre made bottles, OR carrying plastic baggies of the powder mix in my pockets for both legs and then use a regular aid station to refill my bottles with water and dump the powder in approx halfway thru?

Why not premix your nutrition concentrated instead of carrying bags of powder?

PBT_2009 wrote:
JasonD1430 wrote:
I don't mean to ask an obvious question but, do you get the bags back if you don't use them?

IMMT athlete guide says you don't get them back. It may vary event to event I guess.

I think it has to do with which part of the world you're racing and the perception they have about waste. I've raced in Canada, Mexico and the states and you don't get your SN bags back but I was reading the athlete guide for Malaysia and there is a system in place to retrieve your SN bags and everything else the following day of the race.
Quote Reply
Re: No Special Needs Bag? [driftin'by] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. The athlete guide for my IM isn't out yet but I referenced the years' prior and it confirmed the bags are not redistributed if unused.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
driftin'by wrote:
Why not premix your nutrition concentrated instead of carrying bags of powder?

I am concentrating it already, I do 5 or 6 scoops per regular size bottle. I have found if I over concentrate to a high degree (8 or more, which is what I'd have to do to get all my calories without SN) the taste and drinkability become problems for me. I'd prefer to take measures to stick to the concentration I've been training with and know I can replicate that intake and not get a weird taste feeling in my mouth by mile 40 of the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: No Special Needs Bag? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
I am concentrating it already, I do 5 or 6 scoops per regular size bottle. I have found if I over concentrate to a high degree (8 or more, which is what I'd have to do to get all my calories without SN) the taste and drinkability become problems for me.

Only one bottle holder? I understand the drink-ability part. I split mine between 2 BTS bottles and will dilute with course water in my BTA aero bottle depending on my tolerance level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want to carry water with me too, and only have 2 available cages (bta and frame - which only has one mount in the triangle - and flat kit bts), and don't have an on-the-go-refillable solution. I'm coming to realize for my next IM, I may retweak some things with my set up...
Quote Reply

Prev Next