Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [mcastle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the steak fajita burrito and ask them to add all the fat possible - sour cream and guac. Screw calories.

B

"the only normal people are the ones you don't know"
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [Turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you. I used to eat chipotle for lunch like 3-4x a week. That burrito is delicious! And as soon as I found out how many calories are in it, I all but stopped going entirely.

340 calories and 9g fat are in the tortilla. The rice is 240 calories and 7g fat. If I go, I'd get the burrito bowl (no tortilla) with chicken, fajita vegetables, all the hot sauces, lettuce, cheese and sour cream or guacamole. That's only like 400-500 calories.

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
QDOBA is owned by Jack in the Box - http://www.qdoba.com/Story.aspx?p=about. .... Baja Fresh is owned by Wendy's

To reduce the calories at Chipotle, you can get just 1 or 2 tacos (even though the menu only lists them coming in an order of 3).

Ha ha ha ha! As if any triathlete could get filled up on 1 or 2 tacos!

Every time I go to Chipotle I pretend I'm only going to eat half. Before I know it the whole thing's gone.
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should all be ashamed of yourself. I 'm not remotely a healthy eater, but I have good taste. Doesn't anyone have a closeby "real" mexican place to eat? What is the attractoin to these chain places anyway? Burritos really aren't real mexican, they are Tex-Mex. Go to a place that doesn't have a touch screen cash register and prints the menu in Spanish--it might have more calories than you think, but at least it ain't fast food dressed to look ethnic. Rant over.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [stevezelinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really, really agree with you and not just as it pertains to Mexican food. There are so many good individual establishments -eating at a chain is just wrong.

Pat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's funny to see people complain about a chain where first you have the choice if you're going in or not, and second you get to chose the ingredients you get ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BITE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve, I eat "real" mexican food everyday and it was with my face covered in SHAME that I walked into Chipotle last week. Just ask ShawnF ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you don't understand the purpose of chipotle in my lif. In and out in 5 minutes, 1/2 block away, it's all about convenience. I love real mexican food, but not practical when I am rushing at lunch time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, that's all well and good, but what about the health of your ass? :)

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoever said that Chipotle fries their rice is totally wrong. What they do though is squirt on some seasones with butter into each batch. If you are concerned about the calories and hwo "good" they are for you, just have them go easy on the rice when you get your Burrito Bol.
Quote Reply

Prev Next