Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Calories in a chipotle burrito?
Quote | Reply
So I gained 4 pounds (not THAT big of a deal) but i want to start recording my meals into training peaks. It has a whole section where you can upload your meals. Anyone use that? it seems like once you write down all you eat, it would be easy to use. I eat chipotle ALL the time, looked on their website and couldn't see the info. anyone has info on that?
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was just looking at the sheet this morning after indulging in a little Chipotle myself. ;-)

I figured out that my usual burrito bol of lettuce/rice/black beans/chicken/2 scoops of pico and a speck of cheese comes in at about 700 cals, 29g of fat (9 sat) and 44g of protein..........yikes! Good thing I only let myself have it after a long workout!

www.chipotle.com/images/nutrition.pdf

The site is kinda a pain in the ass, but the info (and food) are good!

G

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked them about this before and they said that since they make every burrito with different amounts of meat, cheese or whatever you put on it, its too hard to give you an actual calorie amount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have nutritional brochures at the restaurants for all their stuff. Scary when you look at the cals and sodium.

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [monterey411] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not to scary when you realize Chipotle is owned by McDonalds. It's McMexican, what do you expect.
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I was disappointed when I learned that. They still make a damn good burrito.

====================================

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I coach a guy who used to be a food buyer for Chipolte and some other companies, and he said the burrito is pretty much 60-70% fat as they fry the rice in oil which is why it tastes so good. I haven't had one since, and this used to be my 'go-to' meal in a crunch. Oh well...

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McMexican LOL!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the mexicans I know (and I know a lot) consider Chipotle an insult to Mexican food! Their burritos have more fat than in a real burrito (if this was ever possible)...drop Chipotle Marisol, please....
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is a lot of fat, but at least the protein content is high too.

Not that I care - I don't like mexican food. Refried bean burriots are ok on occasion, but I hate spicy stuff!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
but i want to start recording my meals into training peaks. It has a whole section where you can upload your meals.

...and you haven't been able to find that special someone with whom you have "clicked" yet? Maybe, instead of the Tri-Singles forum, you should hang out in a psychiatrist's waiting room!

Does this need a smiley face?
Last edited by: Monk: Dec 4, 05 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ask your many friends if a "real" burrito is even a mexican invention.

you may find it interesting to discover that it is not.

"The type of burrito eaten in America appears to be an indigenous variation, and is not common in Mexico."

Where would you want to swim ?
Last edited by: Greg X: Dec 4, 05 7:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A steak burrito loaded has 1100-1200Kcals. I love them for post workout meals. Tons of protein, carbs, salt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I was a big moe's fan until they came out with their nutritional guide

Moe's Southwest Grille
http://www.moes.com/nutrition/100011_moes/index.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Marisol,
Here's a website that I routinely use when I'm keeping track of food/cals http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_food.html

Its a pretty good site and as you can see it has almost every restaurant/joint that is popular.

As for Chipotole's rice being fried, they don't do that anymore? My rice is never fried. I love their burritos, but I usually eat 1/2 and save 1/2 for dinner or the next day.

N~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look, people, anything that big and beautiful isn't going to be reasonable in kcals, fat, or sodium. Fact o' life. Even Baja Fresh's burrito bowl still clocks in at a day's RDA of sodium.

Marisol, don't log your meals. It just isn't that important. And it could take away from your time on ST!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The burrito I get there is 1054 according that calculator. When I get the chips too it becomes 1544 for the whole meal. That seems like a lot, but as long as it is not more than once per week its OK IMO, because you gotta live and you gotta think WWFD (what would faris do).
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sure....but now, a burrito is 'mexican food'...

Very much like croissant...which originate from Austria, not France.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to eat Chipotle all the time too. I was addicted, until I saw their nutritional info and learned about the McD's thing. Reading the above post that the rice is deep fried isn't helping either.

I usually just cut the burrito in half, and save the other half for another day. I'll usually eat half the burrito, some basmati rice and potatoes, spaghetti, and steamed tofu/veggies with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been eating at Baja Fresh every now and then. I get their black bean and cheese burrito and then add chicken. In theory this seems to be a good meal, but I have not looked at their nutrition guide.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [Turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Ditch the Chipotle and go to QDOBA!!! I'm pretty sure its also owned by some other fast food corp (altho none are as evil as McD's!) but the burritos are so much better! The grilled veggie burrito is heaven!
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Very much like croissant...which originate from Austria, not France.[/reply]
--
righto ... the 'Kipferl'. To be fair though, no Kaffeehaus or Kipferl without the Turks' sieges of Vienna. [Going back for Christmas, can't wait.]

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Re: Calories in a chipotle burrito? [jendz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QDOBA is owned by Jack in the Box - http://www.qdoba.com/Story.aspx?p=about. .... Baja Fresh is owned by Wendy's

To reduce the calories at Chipotle, you can get just 1 or 2 tacos (even though the menu only lists them coming in an order of 3).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for all the info. I get the burrito bowl and probably should just not go there as much. we don't have Qdoba closed to me house:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not a big "mexican" rice fan so I usually get the salad with a few different salsas instead of the dressing and add guacamole, well, because I deserve it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next