Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Can we focus on Gary Johnson here?

Are you new here?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I was going to ask Slowman if he is going to go for a ride or run with Trump so he can show how he will be the healthiest president ever, but I figured that might derail the thread. Clinton can't go exercise right now on account of recovering from heat stroke/pneumonia, so that interview would not happen. So we're left hoping that slowman and Johnson can go for a ride and talk sport and at least we know that he can make it through 10:39 in Kona without passing out from the heat (well, he could do that 17 years ago). Maybe Messick needs to extend him a celebrity invite for next month for a start number on the pier.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well he should have plenty of time to train for those races...you know with a 0.000000 chance of being the next POTUS.

I mean come on everyone knows what Aleppo is. It's the mysterious disease that Illary is suffering from.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hillary wouldn't tell you if she did it.
Trump would be "huuuuge" if he did it, but with those small hands, he might have problems in the swim.
If Johnson is in it, it shouldn't be held in Aleppo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Can we focus on Gary Johnson here? I really want to know what he is doing for exercise these days while on the election trail in between Aleppo Gate etc. If you guys read his 2000 interview with Slowman, he sounds like any "normal" age group with the requisite number of lose screws to go for workouts at 4:45 am.

He mentioned this in the second CNN town hall. On the campaign trail, he said that he had ridden his bike 6 hours already that week (and it was Wednesday).

Fast forward to the very end. 52:24

Last edited by: Meathead: Sep 15, 16 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [sjn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sjn wrote:

George W ran a 3:44?

George W was more of a mountain biker. In fact the first powertap mountain bike powermeter went to him, he would fit in in on slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
sjn wrote:

George W ran a 3:44?

George W was more of a mountain biker. In fact the first powertap mountain bike powermeter went to him, he would fit in in on slowtwitch.

Maybe slowman should invite him up up to the ranch for some loops on the local mountain bike trails with him and Monty and do an interview with him too.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew he did Everest but also the 7 Summits. That's pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow @HuffNPuff ,
Thanks for the love. It was a hard day for sure but if you never give up you can do anything that you put your mind to. I am floored at the support that I received this far on my journey... I still have more weight to lose, more races to run and thankful for everyone that cheers me on the way!
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@sanuk

an Ironman is a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 marathon.

a half iromman is a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile mile bike and a 13.1 mile run
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Pun_Times

thanks for the love. This is my first day on slowtwitch a friend of mine said that I was mentioned so i signed up to read the posts... Thank you again for the support and if i am blessed to have an interview would love to share my story with anyone. You can find me on facebook at Dell Finney or my athlete page at https://www.facebook.com/TeamDellTris/ again thank you for any and all support on this journey to better health and a better lifestyle
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@steve-OH!

Thanks for the love !
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Ihop

Thank you so much for the support and love. It's definitely appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [TeamDell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I live in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia and our votes don't matter anyway thanks to the libs in LA and San Francisco, and I'm tired of writing myself in for President, I'm thrilled to give my vote to Gary Johnson and save myself the 10 seconds of writing my name. A 2:47 marathon and a 10:30 3X IM finisher. You got it dude. On a different note whats the over/ under on Hillary being able to live through a 1 mile walk?

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman, when are you interviewing Presidential candidate Gary Johnson? Pretty solid all around with a 10:39 back in 1999 in Kona in the dark ages of aeroness. Who needs Aleppo-gate?

http://www.menshealth.com/...gary-johnson-fitness

Alright this is quite the resurrection, but I had an awesome experience this evening. I work part time in the afternoons delivering and setting up phones that are getting replaced under warranty, and much to my amazement, ended up setting up a phone for the man himself, Gary Johnson! We chatted for about 45 minutes while I was setting it up and he showed me his bikes, including some upgrades to his mountain bike for this years Continental Divide race. This'll be the 4th time he's done it. Really awesome guy and clearly still quite fit. Not the Ironman legend I was expecting to meet but an Ironman legend nonetheless!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Jan 21, 20 19:39
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he's a good guy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next