Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB
Quote | Reply
Slowman, when are you interviewing Presidential candidate Gary Johnson? Pretty solid all around with a 10:39 back in 1999 in Kona in the dark ages of aeroness. Who needs Aleppo-gate?

http://www.menshealth.com/...gary-johnson-fitness

Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty impressive, honestly.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never thought I'd be sharing the course that year with a guy who would be on the presidential ballot in every state. He beat me by 13+ minutes. There were only 1412 finishers in '99. Conditions were very good for Kona. Cloud cover on the run, not much wind on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman, when are you interviewing Presidential candidate Gary Johnson? Pretty solid all around with a 10:39 back in 1999 in Kona in the dark ages of aeroness. Who needs Aleppo-gate?

Minus 16 years ago, it appears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

I bet he could smoke Paul Ryan in a marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

George W ran a 3:44?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely worth a story, but first Dan needs to write about Dell Finney who finished IM Wisconsin this past weekend. In a nutshell, his story is this:

2013 - Volunteer at IMMOO
2014 - DNF at IMMOO
2015 - DNF at IMMOO
2016 - 16:47:23

Dell is a mountain of a man, and he literally had thousands of well wishers on the course. His achievement and tenacity over the past several years should make the front page.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

Dell is a mountain of a man, and he literally had thousands of well wishers on the course. His achievement and tenacity over the past several years should make the front page.

Yeah, he's a big dude. He looked a lot stronger on the bike this year for sure...glad he finished!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's an Ironman?
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
What's an Ironman?

It is either a 70.3 distance or 140.6 distance. As long as you have the shirt.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember your analogies from high school? Here's one:

70.3 is to Ironman as Gary Johnson is to Presidential Candidate.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ctbrian wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
What's an Ironman?

It is either a 70.3 distance or 140.6 distance. As long as you have the tattoo.

FTFY
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He may be the only one healthy enough to serve a full term

Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyscarroll wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Minus 16 years ago, it appears.

Kudos to slowman.....2 quotes from the article:

Talking like any of us whining about injuries (no flaming him for rolling a tubular and not using a proper ST approved glue job)

GOVERNOR JOHNSON: It's actually a down year. I slipped on my bike; I rolled a sew-up about four months ago and I really tweaked my knee. Technically, I have a sprained medial collateral ligament. Although I've done three [races] this year, that [accident] really did it. I didn't miss any training time; it's getting better, and in another three to five months it'll be completely OK.

In reference to Kona

SLOWTWITCH: You went at around 11:20; what happened since then?

GOVERNOR JOHNSON: 11:20, then 10:54, then 10:39.

SLOWTWITCH: Now, was that your last hurrah?

GOVERNOR JOHNSON: Oh, no, I hope to do it 10 more times.

Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Meathead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He may be the only one healthy enough to serve a full term

The U.S. seems out of step with most other countries with regards to their at least choices for President. Both Trump and Clinton are Boomers, and each one if elected would become one of the oldest Presidents to be elected.

Most other countries have moved on to Gen-X for political leadership.

There are certainly health and age issues with both Clinton and Trump.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Phil wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Yeah, he's a big dude. He looked a lot stronger on the bike this year for sure...glad he finished!

Dang, that's awesome. I'd definitely be interested in reading an interview with this guy.

As for Johnson, that's an impressive marathon. Even faster than Paul Ryan's make believe time!

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet he could smoke Paul Ryan in a marathon. //

Well he could certainly beat him on the course, but not in the bar afterwards when asked what he ran..But then again, he couldn't beat Julie Miller in that bar brawl either..
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [jeremyscarroll] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reprinted: http://www.slowtwitch.com/...Interview_j6009.html

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work. What is the chance you guys can secure a 2016 version of this and revisit some of this with him?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Nice work. What is the chance you guys can secure a 2016 version of this and revisit some of this with him?

We'll see. I hit up the generic email address for "Media" on his campaign site. So fingers crossed.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But he was stoned at the time (partially pink font)

quote devashish_paul]Slowman, when are you interviewing Presidential candidate Gary Johnson? Pretty solid all around with a 10:39 back in 1999 in Kona in the dark ages of aeroness. Who needs Aleppo-gate?

[/quote]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Definitely worth a story, but first Dan needs to write about Dell Finney who finished IM Wisconsin this past weekend. In a nutshell, his story is this:

2014 - DNF at IMMOO
2015 - DNF at IMMOO

Dell is a buddy of mine... Feel free to contact me if you'd like to get ahold of him Dan. He's a great guy and it is an awesome story!
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Phil wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Great picture and story!....I would love to hear more from this guy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

2014 - DNF at IMMOO
2015 - DNF at IMMOO

I've been following him on Facebook the past few years. Pretty inspirational to see the work he has put in, the weight he has lost, and the fitness he has achieved. It would be cool to hear an interview on him.
Quote Reply
Re: Gary Johnson 10:39 in Kona, 2:47 Marathon PB [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we focus on Gary Johnson here? I really want to know what he is doing for exercise these days while on the election trail in between Aleppo Gate etc. If you guys read his 2000 interview with Slowman, he sounds like any "normal" age group with the requisite number of lose screws to go for workouts at 4:45 am.
Quote Reply

Prev Next