Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jellyfish in the water at PCB [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Relax fellas, they aren't that menacing! we had a sprint tri in PC two weeks ago that was non-wetsuit they were some jellies around locally called "cannonballs" . A few people got stung but they have weak toxins (less painful than a wasp or bee sting) kinda feels like a rash. Believe me you are going to have more to think about in the free-for-all swim than jellyfish! They come and go with the tide, wind, so they might be gone tomorrow back wed. gone thurs. etc.... They are nothing to worry about, the area that zaps you is very small part of the bladder. Picture the "Magic 8 ball" the little window where you read the answers is about the same size as the tenticle area on a jelly that same size, most are the size of a lemon. So odds are if you bump one that it will not zap you unless you hit it perfectly. Just keep swim'in :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Slap a shark and an MDot on that baby, makes a nice IMFL tattoo.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: DualFual: Oct 31, 05 17:06
Quote Reply
Re: Jellyfish in the water at PCB [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am feeling pretty good but hopefully we can both put together respectable races and put this season behind us if you know what I mean.. I am ready for a break...but at the same time looking forward to IMFL..

John Reback always use to tell me how much more he enjoyed sprints/int. races rather than Ironman distance cause of his family and kids..Now I have started to understand why..

Don't get me wrong though...I will be ready to go come Saturday..
Quote Reply
Re: Jellyfish in the water at PCB [Race Bannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Relax fellas, they aren't that menacing...so odds are if you bump one that it will not zap you unless you hit it perfectly. Just keep swim'in :)
Yeah, but what about the giant squid??? I hear they're bad this time of year.
Quote Reply
Re: Jellyfish in the water at PCB [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][reply]
Relax fellas, they aren't that menacing...so odds are if you bump one that it will not zap you unless you hit it perfectly. Just keep swim'in :) [/reply]
Yeah, but what about the giant squid??? I hear they're bad this time of year.[/reply]

I'm planning on making friends with a shark and then drafting off him. When I do the beach run half way through, he'll have a nice giant-squid snack.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Jellyfish in the water at PCB [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mike, grow a sack, or Ill start a "I saw a shark at PCB thread" :)))))))

See ya at the gatorade swim

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SMACKDOWN!!!!!!

My money is on Eganski... ***IF*** he makes it out of the water alive...

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Jellyfish in the water at PCB [Race Bannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sting. As an aside I use to live nearby in Fort Walton Beach and the jellyfish in the winter would come into the bayou and cover large areas of the water surface. We would water ski through them and it would be thump, thump, thump as the ski flew over their tops. Good thing I never fell.
Quote Reply
Re: Jellyfish in the water at PCB [leezee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seppos can't get things right...The blue ones are called blue bottles mate...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw 4 or 5 jellyfish in about 20 minutes of swimming this morning. I hit a one of them pretty hard, right on the bottom where the things that look like they would sting are. I never felt a thing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next