Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [super clyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with Calfee or Parlee. Or Time or Look, they both have some badass tribikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [Tri-ing in TO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frankly, I've never been overwhelmed by Endurosport in the few times I've been there. But in all fairness I've only had limited experience with them. I walked in there one time on a Saturday afternoon and asked a few questions about bike fit and felt they were being very defensive. I told the guy I had a P2K and did my own fitting and he automatically acted like I didn't have a clue. I could have been talking to some part time help on the weekend so I didn't make an issue of it.

I wasn't dealing with Fiona who is the person that I'd want to talk to. I'm a chiro and she's a physio so I'd expect her to be willing to answer my questions intelligently since we have similiar backgrounds in anatomy, biomechanics, etc.

I've always done my own bike fitting but I should take it down to Fiona for a second opinion. I would be curious to see what she comes up with but would expect an honest rational explanation if it's different from what I've done.

Another shop to talk to in Toronto is La Bicycletta. Ask for Heath. He's a real good guy and was a former marketing guy with Cervelo before becoming a sales manager with the shop. He's an ex pro road racer and I believed finished 3rd in this years Ontario TT championship, so he knows his stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Funny you say that"

I was being cynical. I have an aluminium P2K and am in no hurry to rush out and replace it with a carbon P2C.

Not yet at least.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whatever.iif you are trying to save a couple bucks. I say do it let the lbs know that their prices are out of control...
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Two of these bikes have aluminium frames. Scratch them off the list.

You've got to be kidding...

Another example of why you shouldn't believe everything you read here. Sift through all the crap and try to find a few ounces of useful information.

"Two of these bikes have aluminium frames - scratch them off the list" qualifies as crap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The problem is, the first time I walked into Endurosport...my first perception was that they were a little "high" on themselves.

I've found that they were high on themselves too, and I've given them more then enough opportunities to prove me otherwise. Each time I walk in, and it's mostly during the week when they're dead, it's like I'm interrupting the salespeople - they have quite the elitist attitude, and offer up only what's asked, nothing more. There is no welcoming feel to the place, but rather a feeling that you owe them something just by being in their store. I'm not being biased either...I know the family well, and I want to like the shop, but I just haven't yet had a good experience. Just hire some outgoing people, dammit!!! (the girls at the beaches locoation are great, but they don't do bikes there)

They could do SO much better if Dan trained his floor staff in customer service. It's a bit of a strange experience walking in there...a fun place to look around in, but you get the feeling that you're doing something wrong if you're just looking, and that asking questions is a bad thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Two of these bikes have aluminium frames. Scratch them off the list.

I had to come back to this again, because I just couldn't believe the stupidity behind such a comment - but then I saw that he was kidding in a later post.

Not nice of him to get me all worked up like that!
Last edited by: GearGrinder: Oct 22, 05 22:29
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to come back to this again, because I just can't believe the stupidity behind such a comment!!!

Now that you've responded to it twice, maybe you should take a second and read cerveloguy's post- you know, the one where he said he was being sarcastic about it.

CG is a bigger retro-grouch than I am. The poor sucker aspires to steel, for crying out loud.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who let you out of the lavender room? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [johnthesavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who let you out of the lavender room? ;)

I'm only here to defend CG. I'm sick and tired of people beating up on the poor guy here in the main room lately. That's my job, dammit!

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd get the P3SL, if you are buying your first bike and don't have any other tri equipment like wheels and such, I'd look at the Cannondale w/ the SRM and Zipp wheels. A true out of the box high end race bike. For me, with your list, the P3SL is just the distilled version of the rest of them. Pure.

-SD

Like SAC, I'd add another bike to the list; the '06 Felt S22, and save $1500.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"BTW, what is the value of somebody who is an Ironman competitor? Have you seen Ironman competitors on their bikes? Quite a few have horrendous positions . . ."

Gerard,

I stood out on the road about 5K out from T1 at IMC this year and watched almost every one roll out and onto the bike course, and indeed this is what I saw. A surprising number of people in truley horrendous postions on their bikes( all models and brands). Some looked down-right unsafe to. I wonder with all the great information out there why this is the case? It's a remarkable phenomenon. Some of these people should have gotton an award just for riding 112 miles in that position. Ouch!!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm only here to defend CG."

Thanks Vitus. Nice to have friends. I owe you one. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike would you buy and why? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny, I've had quite the opposite experience at Endurosport. Very friendly staff (Dan, Peter, Fiona, etc.), an impeccable bike tech in Warren, and a lot of knowledge.

-When I was first interested in getting into tri's, I walked in there knowing nothing. One of the sales staff spent over an hour (on a busy Saturday, no less) giving me a triathlon 101 orientation, knowing that I wasn't planning to buy a thing that day.
-Last fall, I scheduled a bike fitting with Fiona, and she was kind enough to fit two bikes for me in the one session - one tri and one road.
-When the stitching on a pair of shorts I bought 6 months previous started to go, they refunded my money without me even having a receipt.

All this, and I've never purchased a bike from them. I see them as a real asset to the triathlon community here in Toronto.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
None of the bikes you have on your short list are custom. I ride a Yaqui Carbo and can offer my positive opinions. I flew out to meet with Ves Mandaric who took a lot of time to record all of my measurements and preferences. He went and built the bike. It's real nice...made just for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next