I think you need an oversized mascot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the girls' team:

Me:
1m53 (5' 1/2")
I do buy clothes at Gap Kids (and not even the biggest size in kids!)
I can't really buy regular "adult" clothes without serious alterations
I wear kid-size shoes (4.5)
I cannot fit waterbottles on my bike frame. They have to mount behind the seat b/c the frame is so small
I get carded every time I drink (not often) - even when I'm with my mom
I still use my college ID to get student discounts everywhere
I weigh less than my co-worker's 10-year-old daughter
I have to poke extra holes in my watch band so that it fits my wrist

I hope the Shortwitch uniforms come in XXS!
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in, 5'8" and the smallest bike frame Cervelo makes.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [miami79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
count me in at 1.67m.

yup, definitely own various articles of XS, children's, and women's clothing. I believe it is...unavoidable...when you're smallish.

and Francois, I never gave you shit for being short. who did start that, anyway?

Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [fuzzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess I am in at 167 cm. That reminds me, does anyone hear watch the apprentice? There is a really short guy in the midst of a bunch of tall guys. It looks so goofy. Kind of like us short-twitchers when we stand next to other competitors at races!

I guess I don't need to fill any application, I'm naturally in!!! :-)

I'm in for the shirts or jerseys? Or both!!
Francois, can you pull one of your contacts and arrange something? ;-)

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, 5'8'' is ridiculously short for a guy. Maybe 5'8'' is tall for France, but it is super short in the USA.
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not according to the site I mentioned here http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_threaded;post=582405;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;

They show national male average at 5' 8.6". Personally I think that's off and always heard 5'10" as a national average, but 5'8" is certainly not "ridiculously short" for a male.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then maybe you guys should make the cutoff like 5'5'' for a guy and 5' for a chick
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't make the rules. Considering 5'8" and below means roughly half the population of the males in the US....we aren't a real "exclusive" team.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I didn't make the rules. Considering 5'8" and below means roughly half the population of the males in the US....we aren't a real "exclusive" team.

~Matt
Exactly. I vote for 2 standard deviations from the norm or more. Otherwise this would be like if MENSA was only for people with an IQ of 108 or more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn I just miss! 63 inch = 160.02 centimeter I'm 5'3". In 10 years I'll probably qualify when I start shrinking.

Tri-ing for a cure.

NYtrigal's Team in Training Page

Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oversized Mascot?

I'm 6'2" and 186 lbs. - (For you metrically challenged Euros go look on the Internet)

Count me in....

Do you think Miami79 would let me carry her under my arm at IMLP?

thanks,

B.

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
male--5'5'' (5'6'' on a good day/in heels ;) do we get team jerseys? the largest available size being small to small-med?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
171.45cm

Count me in.

We could all paint our faces orange, hair green, and race as "Team Oompa Loompa"
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm 6'3 and 210, I make a better oversized mascot!

and I asked first

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe Bjorn has the bodyguard/mascot job wrapped up. If he needs support, he has already been authorized to bring in another Swedish big boy in the form of Magnus Backstedt. I believe Kittycat has already volunteered to make them eggs in the morning, but I might have the stories mixed up :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
210....That's nothing...I can be 215 in two weeks...

Now, it's off to McDonald's...

-------------------------------------------------
http://www.teamorganicnyc.com
Sponsored by: TBA
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [njmtbbg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you guys can outsplit Bjorn and Magnus on the bike, then we will be convinced that you will be suitable Mascot/bodyguards. Until then, we're going with the dudes with the resumes :-)

If you guys can beat these quotes from Mr. Backstedt, then you are in, "My physical features urged me to count on power rather than agility."

Backstedt said he'll likely ride a 58- to 60-tooth chain ring with a 13-tooth cog.

Show us the 60 tooth Pizza plate and you are in.

In true team shortwitch manner, I am proud of my 48 tooth chainring...it is very proportional to my height and my bike splits :-). If I can go from the 2:20 to 2:30 range for half to 2:00 flat, then I'll need to upgrade to 58 tooth like Bjorn :-).

If I catch any of your shotwtich dudes with a big ring any larger than 50, you may get kicked off the team. Francois and Sergio are exempt due to their infininte studliness :-)... ( I can already see Sergio's reply, "How come Francois is riding the wave of my top 20 placing at Kona...")

Dev
Last edited by: devashish paul: Oct 22, 05 18:42
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devashish- I tend to agree. Although, at 5'4", I've never had that "gliding through the air feeling," I know what you mean about taller guys pulling away even though your cadence is faster than theirs. This happened to me at IM Kona- and it was the first time I really noticed it. I ran a 3:25 marathon with a consistent cadence, but every person who passed me was taller and had a slower cadence. It was really annoying because it felt like you were running harder, but the other guy was still pulling away. I guess the only way to speed up for us Shorttwitchers is to increase cadence even more.

I've only been doing triathlons for about a year now- but it seems like the greatest disadvantage for short people is in the run. (i.e. its relatively easier to keep up with tall people in the swim and bike). In my case, I had a 57 swim and 4:59 bike at Kona. What do you think? Any suggestions on how to increase cadence on the run?
Quote Reply
Re: Team Shorttwitch - Now Recruiting [honolulu atty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This being my first post, I'm very proud that it is associated with the vertically challenged members of shorttwitch. I am 5'3" (I don't know what that is in Euro or the dewey decimal system ) and I tilt the scales at 127 lbs. I'm doing my first half IM this weekend at SOMA - I'm very excited. I'll take a shirt in a M/L if you have it. I'll fax the $ when you need it. Hope to seee many of you at the races....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conditions:
I'm a 5'7" male. I'm a triathlete and cyclist (allegedly). I'm the eldest and shortest of four boys (5'7", 6'3", 6'1" and 61) - my brothers call me their little big brother but I don't mind (not least because I'm cleverer, faster, stronger, leaner and better-looking than all three combined - see, my ego is quite tall!). I regularly buy/wear children's T-shirts because they fit better. I can only fit one bottle on my TT frame, and could easily live inside my bike box.

So, can I join?

Stuff I like:
PBscience Triathlon Coaching and Lab Testing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will work on your website if I get a free Lucero ride ;)

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! Who gives a flying fuck for Shorttwitch? I'm President for Life of NOTWITCH. So there, you bloody frog. :)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At 5'6" I qualify for the team but I'm boycotting until all that metric stuff gets converted into American stuff.

BTW, the posts on this thread indicate that Team Shorttwitch clearly has the upper hand in the humor department compared to the taller Slowtwitchers. Being at higher altitudes, the taller guys must have less oxygen to spare to activate their brain humor cells. Lot of wasted space on those guys.
Last edited by: MPB1950: Oct 28, 05 7:10
Quote Reply

Prev Next