Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rita and the great freak out of 2005 (rant) [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also please remember that the wind speeds posted on the Weather Channel, and as far as I can tell, every other news channel in the USA are wind speeds at altitudes of 3-5 thousand feet above sea level. the last time I looked my house was no where near that tall. When Rita passed a bouy as a cat5 in the middle of the Gulf they were reporting winds of 175 mph, yet the bouy near the eye wall was reading less then 100.

They love to scare people. I'm really sick of the BS that the Weather Channel reports. Its all for ratings. they scared way too many people and it caused lots of problems in Texas.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Rita and the great freak out of 2005 (rant) [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sort of agree with your points "reality" but the original
post mentioned he wasn't in the mandatory evacuation zone so he did listen to authorities. I just heard on news a question from some guy in charge if people coming back in would cause traffic jams and should they come in by zip code or stages. He said the problems with the evacuation and traffic jams were caused by people who were not supposed to evacuate and were not in the mandatory evacuation zones mainly because they were scared out of their wits with Katrina and by the media which jamesshinton was pretty much making that point. So actually jamesshinton did listen to authorities and did exactly what he was supposed to do stay put.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Rita and the great freak out of 2005 (rant) [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now watch the pople that left ignore the state and city gov't's plea to stay away. Watch all the traffic jams happen all over again...
Quote Reply
Re: Rita and the great freak out of 2005 (rant) [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm happy to hear you're safe Mark.

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply

Prev Next