Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canadian Half Iron Distance Notes: Phillips totally studly, Cosmetic Bulk Guy Faulds saves day for Hottie... [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CONGRATS to everyone that raced at the Canadian events on Saturday.

Few kinks for them to work out but overall, it seemed to go well.

And thanks to Dev for going out and helping Al on his IM run. Al had worked VERY hard to prep for this race and I knew he would finish it!

Congrats again to all of you. Looking forward to seeing you on the course next year!

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Half Iron Distance Notes: Phillip totally studly, Cosmetic Bulk Guy Faulds saves day for Hottie... [stevebradley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve....the windier and hillier the better. I hate flat courses with no wind. Bring on the gales and the hills and I am a happy camper. I need that type of stuff to soften up the legs of the pure run studs :-). Let me think about it. Might be an excuse to visit my sister in Westchester NY and then head to Long Island for the half Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Half Iron Distance Notes: Phillip totally studly, Cosmetic Bulk Guy Faulds saves day for Hottie... [stevebradley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve:

I hear you. I have practised getting into my shoes while on the bike but normally don't risk it in a race. When I walked my bike in to transition the morning of the race, I started thinking that this would be the perfect race to do it. Unfortunately, I hadn't brought any tape or elastic bands to affix my shoes in place and I just decided to stick to my original plan (I saw a lot of people just carry their shoes along as well).

Maybe next year.

David
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Half Iron Distance Notes: Phillip totally studly, Cosmetic Bulk Guy Faulds saves day for Hottie... [EKB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it was the same bike crash or not, my buddy crashed out of the HIM...crashed on the second lap of the bike, finished the bike, but couldnt continue due to breathing difficulty.

He is fine, going to be sore for a while, badly bruised chest and some rash but nothing major (broken/bent/ripped). His bike survived well too, just some scratches and damaged bar tape.

While waiting for the hospital to finish his xrays...I was looking over his bike to try and figure out what happened and it looks like he went down on the right side of the bike and piled his chest into the aerobar pads and knocked his conk on the ground pretty hard (his helmet was split in two down the left side). He doesnt remember what happened but thinks he looked left to check for passers then maybe hit a hole or rut.

Helmets rock!

If it hadnt been for his he would have a big split in his conk and not his helmet! Keep those straps done up tight! The impact with the road split his helmet and blew it off his head!

Great race everyone, some very fast people which is great to see!

Great venue...but the T1 was ridiculous, I am surprised there werent twisted ankles and bashed bikes on the jaunt out and back...and i dont have a clue if i improved on previous bike times.

errata...I nearly piled into a bike commuter who wandered onto the course at hogsback...dont know who was volunteering there!...also thought the sprint swim was longer than 500m.

Great fun overall!

Keep those helmets on tight!
Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Half Iron Distance Notes: Phillip totally studly, Cosmetic Bulk Guy Faulds saves day for Hottie... [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted -

You sayin' this was your first half?! Sweet Mother of Mercy, man, you did really well! I was glad to make contact with you, even if it was on the fly - your red antilope top worked well as an identifier! It also felt good to spring back up to yopu and chat for a fe moments, but if memeory serves me well that was my last serious sprint of the day. That was either loop 7 or 8 for me, and I realized that was not the smart way too play the game any longer. And thanks for identifying me for that split second on the run. I onlt saw a guy coming strong and heading for the finish, and it wasn't until you called my name that I realized it was you.

Anyhow, you've got to feel great about the day, especially that kick-ass swim. I'll look forward to seeing how you fare next year, and right now my thought is to do the 1/2 instead of the full - so we'll see a bit more of each other out there. Well done, young pup!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha thanks steve, i did feel great up until my cold came on hard. Good race yourself, and I look to see you on the course next year. You going tor race montreal on the 17th? or is it not in your plans???

Cheers.

Ted

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Canadian Half Iron Distance Notes: Phillip totally studly, Cosmetic Bulk Guy Faulds saves day for Hottie... [Catbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David/Catbird -

I never use rubber bands to keep the cleats in place. I just "set" them so the left one is farthest forward, and away I go. They don't spin around, and the worst that happens is the cleat is that the cleat dangles down a bit, but as soon as I trounce on it, it gets in the correct alignment. I figure I maybe lose less than two seconds compared with how it might go if I could work out the rubber band attachment trick.
Quote Reply

Prev Next