Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Watch out worlds, here come the Americans.... [gonzobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
D'oh! Forgot about that. Plus, you could also qualify for KC at a duathlon without even knowing how to swim! Yeah, I bet most of the extra US contingent are USAT gold/silver members and duathletes who can't swim :-)
I know a lot of duathletes that can beat triathletes in the sprint and OLY distances even though they can't swim real well. Also a lot of Ironman winners have come from a duathlon background.
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out worlds, here come the Americans.... [bighead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
/I know a lot of duathletes that can beat triathletes in the sprint and OLY distances even though they can't swim real well. Also a lot of Ironman winners have come from a duathlon background. /

Reply; I think what he is saying here is, how would like it if you were trying to qualify for the duathlon worlds, and all of a sudden USAT says we want to help promote the aquabike. Lets take half the duathlon slots and give them to the aquabikers. So lets say that you lost your slot to a swimmer/biker. Would you then be so generous. You do know that a lot of aquabikers can beat duathletes, even though they can't run so well....
Last edited by: monty: Aug 31, 05 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out worlds, here come the Americans.... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats the latest on this issue, are we still taking 606 in the team or have the ITU seen the light and reversed this stupid decision ?

I read in a previous post by M.Plumb i think supporting this, is this true ?
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out worlds, here come the Americans.... [love2bfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, we are sending the biggest team ever, nothing is going to change that now. As I said before, it will be up to all us individuals to be the ambassadors for our country once we get there. USAT will do nothing in that respect, so bring a litle extra cash, and a great attitude when you greet the other countries athletes. It would be nice if USAT took all those extra tens of thousands they will now make off the extra athletes, and hold some sort of thank you party for the forein athletes, but that is about as likely as FEMA getting a standing ovation for their handling of the recent hurricane disaster. In both cases the big orginizations have failed us, but you see individuals stepping up and taking over the tough jobs. I hope that will also be our case in Hawaii.....
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out worlds, here come the Americans.... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a dam shame but done now so i suppose we just smile and get on with the job.

I suppose the team members of other countries at least know they have worked hard for the right to be representing there country.

Some have a different opinion but the fact remains you should have to earn the right to race for the US not just fill in a form and rock up.

love2bfast
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out worlds, here come the Americans.... [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess you should pay attention to Klep...even without running he can easily make it under 35min in a flat course. ;-)

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out worlds, here come the Americans.... [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And your point !!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Watch out worlds, here come the Americans.... [love2bfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still dont understand your point even after thinking about it for 1 hour!

I think you like Mr.Plumb miss the point about the whole issue and the fact that the people controlling our sport have let us all down badly.

The ITU and USTA need to stand back and take a very close look at the damage that has been done to the age group product not only here in the US but World - wide, it will now be treated as more of joke than ever before.

We will be seen to be even more arrogant than we actually are - if thats posibble.
Quote Reply

Prev Next