Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wetsuit recommendations
Quote | Reply
allright guys, i need some reviews/recommendations for a wetsuit. i'm looking for a full-sleeve wetsuit, b/c i do several late and early season races where the water is pretty damn cold (low sixties, which is way cold considering i think the 78 degree pool could be warmer). i'm looking for something that's not too constricting (i know this has more to do w/ fit, but i've struggled in the past w/ wetsuits and getting full chest expansion when breathing, and i dont have what you could call a large chest, as my pecs almost look sunken in, lol) also i dont want to break the bank, i'm looking for something around 300$ but less would definetly not be a bad idea.

so... any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit recommendations [dirtrunr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
www.aquamantri.com

US Distributor-Emmanuel Millet

emillet@aquamantri.com

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto. Warm enough down to the high 50's. Nice stretchy top.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit recommendations [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the recommendation for the Desoto T1. LOVE mine. It takes some practice getting the top off if you don't have the zipper in the back, but I think all of their new ones have the zipper. I am a strong swimmer and felt really restricted in the Orca Speedsuit that I had. The T1 has produced some really fast swims!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are some links to my posts about the same topic a couple weeks ago. Definately would look into purchasing from Trisports.com as they have the best wetsuit policy I found anywhere. I ended up going with the Ironman after testing it in the water compared to an Orca. Most important thing is keep an open mind until you try it IN THE WATER and let fit decide.

Michael

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_string;#480163

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_string;#481191

Drafting is for the weak...

Tri2Hover...making flat coke since September 9, 2006.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't recommend my QR wetsuit. Don't remember which model; it is the one with black and blue from 2 years ago. I find it restrictive, and when I really stretch on of my front arms, for that Total Immersion style glide, I can feel the rubber pushing my testicles back to their pre-gender embryonic position. It might that it just not the right fit, but it was the one that matches my sizes according to all the QR charts and recommended by the tri shop.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used Ironman, QR (albeit one of the lower end models), and Orca wetsuits. While they're not for everyone, I've enjoyed having my DeSoto T1 more than any other wetsuit. All my other wetsuits felt as if they restricted my shoulders and the T1 doesn't. Go to www.bikesportmichigan.com if you want to read Tom's review. You can get them cheap on clearance...which is nice. I "stole" mine from www.sportsbasement.com last winter at about 45% off.

Miguel in the 'No...El Tribato

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit recommendations [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't care for the fit of the Orca Speedsuit either. Seems to be pressing down on my shoulders all the time.

Now using the QR Superfull, and its much much better. You definitelyget what you pay for in wetsuits....more cash = more flexibility. Not a place I would skimp.

-bcreager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm extremely happy with my new Desoto T1 Black Pearl.
Quote Reply
Re: wetsuit recommendations [Dreamer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T1 Black Pearl is the best I have ever swam in... hands down, will never swim in something else now. Orce P2, Orca Pred., some QR model were my others
Quote Reply