Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Guys admit it.... [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've been in a shitty mood a lot lately. We need to find you a woman....at least for 5 minutes anyhow!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [Badger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always thought the more f's the better....

I thought doing a triathlon meant raising three rugrats
-Nick Stanziola-
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [Old Newbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not ashamed to admit that the toasted nuts and cranberry is delicious.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]You've been in a shitty mood a lot lately. We need to find you a woman....at least for 5 minutes anyhow!!![/reply]

5 min may be all he needs LOL! sorry , couldn't help it. he crakcs me up when he is in a bad mood
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just looked up Luna bars ... 180 cals 10g of protein ... 'bout $1.25ea on the net.

Met-Rx bars ... 330 cals 27g of protein ... 'bout $2 each on the net.

I don't see why folks would get the Luna bars? Why not just get more protein for your money? ... and a much better protein/cals ratio?

Are the Luna bars an energy bar while working out or an "in-between meals" snack bar as a supplement? Or are they suppossed to be like a "powerbar"?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'cause we all know we shop based on the grams of protien vs. cost ratio.

That's why you really can't beat maggots. P/$ the best food out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't even know they were for girls.

Quote | Reply
The cliff luna was the first cliff product that i tasted, i though that it was a normal cliff bar (i was ignorant back then ;-). i wasnt very excited with it... but as as you know, i would be an embassador for cliff bars right now (the normal ones) hmmmm

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The notion of marketing a "female specific energy bar" is so absurdly and overtly condescending that it is an insult to the intelligence of both genders.

When is there going to be "female specific inner tubes?" After all, we all know women have special needs specific to the female anatomy when it comes to women's inner tubes. Bike chains too. There is a real need for a female specific bicycle chain. They could call it the "Girl Power Chain", specially tuned to lighter rider weights....

come on....
hilarious!!!!! rotflmao!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luna bars rock. Great Flavors. Only prob is the chocolate coating melts in the sun! Talk about a mess. Clif Bars are definately better for long days in the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How you are not sponsored by them, I will never know..... Your coach would probably coach you for free if you were!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You got that right! :-D

And see, I'm don't sound like a prick when I put smileys on my posts ;-)))

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]You got that right! :-D

And see, I'm don't sound like a prick when I put smileys on my posts ;-)))[/reply]
Yeah what's going on, your posts have been unusually positive and upbeat lately...are you feeling ok?
Just to let us know you are ok, tell me what a wanker I am ;)
M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone can see through those smileys my friend!! Is Ralph's and AZ on your sked next year? I am sure you will go since you will be here but what about your athletes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]...you all eat Luna Bars like I do.[/reply]

Not a chance, pal. They're LOADED with dairy products. Me n' dairy don't see eye to eye.

Additionally, I'd like to take this opportunity to call you a homo.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'cause we all know we shop based on the grams of protien vs. cost ratio.

*grin*

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ill quote a champion that was in our table in the IMAZ awards

"I could live off of these" ;-)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried them once but found they made me moody and indescisive....

:)
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Far from it but nice try. Always has to be a clown with a sexual orientation comment.
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [Costa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's funny!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My dad likes "manly" protein bars like those Detour and U-turn things and drinks nothing but black coffee. I gave him a Chai tea Luna bar, and, much to my surprise, he went wild over it. He ordered a case. It kinda freaked me out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's : Man Cans
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [MHCoburn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought some Luna bars, Clif bars, and for some reason I felt compelled to buy some "PowerBar:Triple Threat" bars ... I just liked the sound of them.

Luna bars taste fine, as did the Clif bars, and the PBTT (Yeah ... I ate one of each).

My problem with the Luna bars is that being "designed for women" what that really means is "smaller serving size" and "less protein". My whole point of eating something like this is to get more protein in my diet to prevent my body from breaking down muscle for fuel (technical term is gluconeogenesis <--makes me sound smart?).

If I am looking for energy on a ride I'll (as someone said) eat a Snickers. The much larger amount of sugar increases absorption rate.

Again, and this is personal preference, but as a 6'3 192 pound guy, I need 2K cals just to maintain weight, which is different than a 120-pound woman that would need around 1K. So, for a supplement to my diet (in terms of the most important aspect ... protein), I'd need to eat quite a few of these ... in which case, a PBJ sandwich and a glass of milk might be a better option.

Out of interest, can I ask why other people eat these bars? I had always assumed that the "Bars" (Met-Rx, Mesotech, Powerbar, etc) were just like a "healthy snack" in between meals to ensure that adequate daily protein intake occurs. Again, my days of "Bar eating" were strength training, so getting 200g of pro a day was one of my main concerns (still is for reasons pointed out above).

I'm interested in why other people eat these, other than "they taste good" (which most of them do). Thanks in advance.

=======================
Quote Reply

Prev Next