Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Guys admit it....
Quote | Reply
...you all eat Luna Bars like I do. I just bought three boxes for half price!!! Why would they cater them to women anyhow? I think they taste awsome and have no problem eating them in public. Some people say, "nice Luna bar" and laugh. I take another bite and smile.

'Man, I feel like a woman, Whooooo!'
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I man enough to eat a Luna bar. There are some cool flavors too that aren't available in other brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The notion of marketing a "female specific energy bar" is so absurdly and overtly condescending that it is an insult to the intelligence of both genders.

When is there going to be "female specific inner tubes?" After all, we all know women have special needs specific to the female anatomy when it comes to women's inner tubes. Bike chains too. There is a real need for a female specific bicycle chain. They could call it the "Girl Power Chain", specially tuned to lighter rider weights....

come on....

Is there a male specific energy bar that increases the ability to maintain an erection longer?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a male specific energy bar that increases the ability to maintain an erection longer?

Not yet, but let's get the jump on it and call it "Hardbar"....
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
StifBar

with just one "f" of course, but I won't tell why.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Maxxis were female specifid-they're going to make me look like Jessi so I use them. And we do so have different inner tubes, hardy har har.

I totally agree with your post BTW.

Patricia
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [Badger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With all the perves on this site all you would nee dto do is put a chick in a bikini on the wrapper and it would be the StifBar!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually would be another product to put Jessi Stensland on!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
more like an energy pill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, there are female specific multivitamins at the drug store...why can't there be female specific nutrient bars?

That being said, I know nothing of whether there is anything different in a luna bar that warrents its female specificity...

Or, do they have fewer calories, since women are on average less massive than men? Again, I have no idea if this is true for luna.

harp
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [harp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im pretty sure they have folic acid in them which women need to prevent birth defects when theyre pregnant -which is a wierd thing to put in them. they also use soy which boosts estrogen levels but estrogen makes you store fat which is just great. maybe they put other crap in there too i dunno. otoh it gives them an excuse to sponsor teams like the luna chicks and some cycling teams which is cool. the key lime is good though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have not yet tried a Luna bar, but I use the Intuition shaving system to shave my legs, and i am pretty sure that is meant for women.
:-)
Herbert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always thought you were too nice to be straight... now I'm sure...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never heard of Luna bars. Just tried one of my sister's "Gen Soy" bars or something like that, this weekend.

I'm a big fan of Met-Rx bars ... better have a quart of milk for each one you eat. =)

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Aug 7, 05 7:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, some of the Luna bars are pretty good. I do, however, prefer Peak bars and Powerbar Harvest bars as a general rule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I love Luna bars as well and have taken some flak from the guys at work. Cool thing is that a few years ago I was on the net when I decided on a whim to email Clif about my woes regarding the Luna bars. Their reply was that they were coming out with the Mojo bar of which they sent me free samples as well as coupons for more Lunas. Awesome company!

Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you typing this with your pick outfit on? Watch it buddy.... No more free Clif Bars for you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Product gender branding cracks me up..."Strong enough for a man, gentle enough for a woman..."

I was in France watching a local circuit race under a blazing sun and went into a little market to buy some water. Got a liter of Evian and went back outside to continue spectating. The old guy next to me took one look at me throwing back the pink bottle aqua and said, "That's for women and babies, you know." I said, "Really? Tastes like water to me."

Wished I'd some some Virginia Slims to light up.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i love luna bars, flavors are better than clif bars and only negative is the chocolate frosting on some of then- 105 arizona degrees and chocolate just don't mix well when i am riding. lots of calcium and good soy protein also good.

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [sp in az] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all about Bakers Breakfast Cookies and Carboom

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to work for a dot com that had them in the kitchen (among other things) for us to eat. While they were pretty good sitting at a desk working, I couldn't imagine eating one while working out. WAY too sweet... All that chocolate would melt and get really messy, too...

Kind of the same reason my Espresso Hammer Gel (with 3x the caffeine of any other gel) didn't work out - way too strong for me when it's hot out and I'm working hard.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gender-specific water. Even for me, that's going too far.

Did it have any side-effects? Were you giving advice more than usual? Were you better at matching clothes? Picking out shoes? Did you read something that made you cry? Did you hate someone that had better hair than you?

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are gonna grow breasts. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Guys admit it.... [wavedancer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer for you to call them man boobs thank you very much!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once in a while, when I'm on a shitty mood like today, I like to post without using smileys just to see the effect... The day isn't over yet, I'll insert the smiley here tomorrow.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next