Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roll Call : rural triathletes [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in south Mississippi. Town of about 50-60K with a surrounding population of 120k or so. Plus side, we have a 45 mile long closed paved bike trail....3 pools with a 4th and 5th coming, so lanes aren't a problem. 2 bike shops, one good and one totally freakin' clueless. Running club, small cadre of triathletes. Not a bad place to train, but the local race is defunct after the dam broke last year. Only a couple of races within 2 hours, everything else is a more serious drive.

Quote | Reply
Yep, crocs are the problem. They've been seen in the only decent sized lake there is hereabouts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does a rock in the middle of the ocean count as rural?...kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. Far eastern Ontario, 30 miles east of Ottawa. You've got the advanatges and disadvantages about right. For me, though, a further disadvantage is I'm in an extremely flat area. I need to drive at least an hour south to get to the edge of the Adirondacks, or about an hour and a quarter to get to the Gatineau Hills. Today I drove about two hours to get to Gananoque where I rode the K-Town Long course a few times (5-hour ride). Nice shoulders there, unlike where I live - the only shoulders are the ones made of gravel. Nevertheless, as you say it is just a matter of right out the door for a basic ride or run.

See you next week at K-Town??
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call : rural triathletes [longspur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"See you next week at K-Town?? "

We'll be there. Also doing Brockville and Ottawa.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call : rural triathletes [Dr. Doom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doc gotta love the longleaf, my sister lives there in town and we come up from LA ( not lower alabama) to take a spin. The only issue on the trace is the local recumbent folks ride 3 wide from time to time. that is the price to pay for no car traffic.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call : rural triathletes [Bob Parr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang it, working late tonight- bored.

Fine, Bob Parr- aka Gar Atchison- I'll give it to you- this is a funny post
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call : rural triathletes [andklerk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, you should give me a shout next time you hit town. We can hit the trace for a ride (there are some hard rides too if you like). I know what you mean about the recumbent posse. They don't know how to move over either. Just ride side by side down the trail (although a couple of times we had a large paceline pushing the higher side of 35 mph that passed them and they sure moved over then)

Lance

Quote | Reply
Which Ottawa one - next week before K-Town, or September 3? And if Sept. 3, which race? I'm doing the full iron, getting to, uh, "enjoy" all 12 out-and-backs of the bike! I'll also be at Brockville. I have a first-generation P2K, red. I'll try to track to you down at K-Town.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call : rural triathletes [longspur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just doing a few sprints this year. I had a bad lung infection/cough in May/June that lasted six weeks. My wife has done four sprint tris already while I missed them. My training has been very sporadic this year, mostly confined to the bike and some swimming. Hardly been running at all. See you there.
Quote Reply

Prev Next