Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Most boring Tour ever? [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't mistake me, there has been plenty of excitement. (and I posted in that particular context to get responses - it worked) but for me the exciting part of a Tour is the GC race. I'm most interested in the race for first, and that hasn't happened at all this year. It has been over from the start mostly.

I love the sprint finishes, I love watching the team time trial, and I dig the attacks and other tactics. But from a first place GC standpoint - snorefest.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Most boring Tour ever? [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today's stage (17) was pretty cool, just caught the ending though...looking forward to watching later on.

This post reminds me of baseball fans who come late to a game that is still scoreless and say "oh great, we didn't miss anything...."

As with each and every tour that I've watched with even mild interest, there are back stories and mini-dramas played out every day. You can't expect a home run every at bat, likewise you can't expect edge of your seat drama with every pedal stroke of the Tour.

Has it been the most exciting ever? Of course not...but far, far, far from boring.
Quote Reply
Re: Most boring Tour ever? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>As with each and every tour that I've watched with even mild interest, there are back stories and mini-dramas played out every day. You can't expect a home run every at bat, likewise you can't expect edge of your seat drama with every pedal stroke of the Tour.

Has it been the most exciting ever? Of course not...but far, far, far from boring.<<

Well said! And my god--we get to watch it EVERY DAY, much of the stage LIVE (on the West Coast). Not as good as being there, but way, way better than the short little recaps on the weekends of the past or waiting for "Winning" magazine to have the stories and photos months later.

clm, Tour fan since the mid-1980s at least

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next