Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [skid marks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahhaaa. How about this? acceptable? or not?

Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [Kestrel Driver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe this is getting too picky, but the full kit for the team is OK, and foreign kits are more than OK. Its the Lance fans who act like the Postal jersey is the only thing available to wear and that Trek has the only bike worth riding.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was more of a philisophical (sp?) question. If "we" look down on those who turn a triple do we also look down on those that turn compacts?
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got an opinion on those "WORLD'S GREATEST DAD" t-shirts?

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are you saying that YOUR dad, is better than MY dad? Okay, its GO TIME !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sure I have an opinion. I should have given one to my Dad before he died.

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lance wants one more than he wants another Yellow "trophy" Jersey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to the TdF jerseys, it seems like most of the riders with trophy jerseys are completely decked out in their respective color. Are they given their matching helmet and shorts, too? Or did Ras bring along his own polka dot helmet b/c he knew he wanted to end up in the KOM jersey? And what about if it's cold/rainy? It seems like I've seen Lance riding in a long-sleeved yellow jersey before. Was he using the one he got on the podium?

Ok, and the ones they get on the podium - is it just a regular jersey that they put on backwards, or is the thing designed completely for show with the zipper intended to go in the back? I was trying to look closely the other day, and they didn't look like jerseys that just got put on backwards (no pockets or extra coverage for the butt, etc) so I wondered if they get another technical long-sleeved one to wear in case of inclement weather.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL ... OMG that's funny!

Josef
-------
blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if you're wearing one, you have to be the greatest dad among the group of people you're with. And if its your own family, then obviously you only won it because of lack of competition.

But if you use a "world's greatest dad" coffee mug at the same time, you're a total poser. I would avoid you like the plague.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [adrialin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to tweak House a little...

I was thinking the Pope's kit looked pretty cool, and well, the Catholics are my team, and so I was thinking about wearing mine to church this Sunday. Then again, those Cardinals jerseys look pretty cool too.

Or would that be sacrilegious?

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [House] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with that - who cares what you ride in? I have a polka dot jersey because I love polka dots - I even have polka dot socks. I bought my friend/riding partner a polka dot jersey for her birthday and sometimes we are twinkies and wear them at the same time! Who cares - we think we look cute!!
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [TriBear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you on that, absolutely! [Which is why I wear it while riding alone through the hills - just as Lance]. Immediately after? In the wash, hung to dry and then folded neatly.

- mike

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [tim-mech] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I don't care what you wear to church, but I want one of those cool ass Pope hats!

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: Stupid TdF question of the day [Cara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Back to the TdF jerseys, it seems like most of the riders with trophy jerseys are completely decked out in their respective color. Are they given their matching helmet and shorts, too? Or did Ras bring along his own polka dot helmet b/c he knew he wanted to end up in the KOM jersey? And what about if it's cold/rainy? It seems like I've seen Lance riding in a long-sleeved yellow jersey before. Was he using the one he got on the podium?

Ok, and the ones they get on the podium - is it just a regular jersey that they put on backwards, or is the thing designed completely for show with the zipper intended to go in the back? I was trying to look closely the other day, and they didn't look like jerseys that just got put on backwards (no pockets or extra coverage for the butt, etc) so I wondered if they get another technical long-sleeved one to wear in case of inclement weather.[/reply]

The ones on the podium either have velcro or a zipper in back and are made a bit big to make it easier to get on over the team jersey on a potentially sweaty rider. The companies that sponsor the riders, such as Giro and Nike, Nalini, etc. Make stuff up in case on of their riders is in yellow or polka dots. They probably had a number of polka dot Atmos helmets in all the sizes in case one of their riders was in it.

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply

Prev Next