Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Duathlon Nationals [FooFighterFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the harder than tri comment was referring to the fact that it is harder to bike after running. Then to get off the bike only to have to run again. I think if you look at the top du guys in the country they are running their second run of the day as fast as the top tri guys even though they have already put 5-10k of hard running in. In all the du's I have done that had a tri in conjunction not many if any triathletes out ran or out rode me even though they had run less.

I have raced du's and tri and gone to Worlds for each. IMO a 1.5k/40k/10 tri is not as hard as a 10/40/5 du. The competition at a tri is deeper.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Nationals [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good point. And don't get wrong, there's some tremendous athletes doing du's. Mile for mile they may hurt more, but I do think training for triathlon, especailly when you're trying to do both short and long course is more difficult that training for duathlon.

Bottom line is duathlon is dying a slow death, the number of people showing up to race seems smaller than ever.

People I've loved, I have no regrets
Some I remember, some I forget
Some of them living, some of them dead
All I want is to be home ".....Foo Fighters, Home

Quote Reply

Prev Next