Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Softride Power V TT review. Your thoughts [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maxtbicycle wrote:
Hello AussieMikeinSD,

I am a big fan of beam bikes. I am still looking for more Zipp 2001 and 3001, Lotus Sport 110 and Softride Power V and Fastt. I am looking for anything else that catches my eyes especially the 90’s time trial bikes. Please do let me know if anybody has one for sale.
-Max T

I have a Softride Powerflex 700 ( I think that is the name..have not used it in a couple of years). If you are interested I'll take a few photos once I get back from a business trip I'm on. I really do love the Softride, but I've been just riding my road bike recently and the tri bikes are not getting enough use, and when I do I've been taking the P3.

------------------------
Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Power V TT review. Your thoughts [AussieMikeinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AussieMikeinSD wrote:

paid $300 carbon power V

Are these NOS? What was included in that price, just frame & beam or did it include other "stuff" (ie. fork, headset, etc.)? I'd be very interested in a size XL...

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Power V TT review. Your thoughts [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have SoftRide Power V with 650 dropouts... does anyone have a set of 700c i could buy or barrow to make a copy??

William
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Power V TT review. Your thoughts [spearit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, thank you for contacting me on behalf of your Zipp 3001. Please email me photos of your Zipp 3001 at maxtbicycle@yahoo.com.
Sincerely,
Max T
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Power V TT review. Your thoughts [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Cregg (spearit),

I would have been endeavoring to have spoken with you on behalf of the Zipp 2001 frame I bought and paid you already. I text you as our usual contact on our deal and I was waiting for a tracking number for the bicycle shipping. I bought your frame for my nephew as a birthday gift and I already bought complete parts from eBay for the Zipp frame. You were aware of what I must buy in order to finish up just the Zipp frame only. The parts are being shipped to me. I am on a temporary business trip and my nephew is expecting for the Zipp frame. I text and called you several times but no respond. Please call me at the usual number that we communicated, thank you and your respond will never fail of being well reserved.

Sincerely,
Max T

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Sep 4, 13 13:23
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Power V TT review. Your thoughts [AussieMikeinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this Power V since 1996. This tear Iā€™ve decided to do a major ā€œupgrdeā€ on her.

Fork: Aluminum Kinesis 6061 (original)
Headset: Stronglight (original with an aheadset/ headset adaptation)
Seatpost: Softride Carbon Bean (original)
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Red ETap, 11v (replacing Campagnolo Record 8v)
Front Derailleur: SRAM Red ETap - replacing Campagnolo Record)
Shifters: SRAM Red ETap (replacing Campagnolo Record)
Brake Calipers: Shimano Ultegra (original)
Brake Levers: SRAM Red ETap (replacing original)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano BBR 60 (replacing Campagnolo)
Crankset: Shimano Ultegra 170 mm 53/39 (replacing Campagnolo Record 172,5mm 53/42)
Aero Bar: none
Handle Bar: 3T Ergonova Team Black
Stem: Fizik Cyrano R1
Saddle: ISM PN 3.0 (replacing Selle Italia Flite Titanium)
Cassette: Shimano DuraAce 9000 11spd 11-25
Chain: Shimano Ultegra 11v
Wheels: Hed Jet 5

Dont have bouncing problems, but lateral torsion happens during climbs ans sprints.
I own a Cervelo P5 wich is almost retired after this upgrade on power V
Quote Reply

Prev Next