Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: critique my position [Sissiliana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This clears all my doubts...I'm don't know any "normal" persons! LOL :-)

Just perfect...

Disclaimer: I was in fact working, Slowtwitch-working! ;)

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My thoughts are too twisted to publish.
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, cottage cheese all over my laptop, gross. How do I explain that to IT? :P

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You would be fast if you didn't ride in your running shoes.

Bjorn,

This is a smartasscoach trick. In order to have Sergio thinking like a runner, I have him wearing running shoes all the time. Maybe you should try this... :-p

DISCLAIMER #1: I am KIDDING with Bjorn and I'm sure that he enjoys the joke!

DISCLAIMER #2: Any triathlon legends that feel like emailing me after reading this... IT IS A JOKE!

That should cover it...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Critique their position...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In order to achieve maximum penetration they should bne closer./
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sergio, what size you do you wear, a "3"?

Dear God.....

No wonder you run so fast. You don't have any feet. Its like running on pool cues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're shoes are perfect!!

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Bjorn,

This is a smartasscoach trick. In order to have Sergio thinking like a runner, I have him wearing running shoes all the time. Maybe you should try this... :-p
I've used the same approach with cycling myself. Running in my cycling shoes doesn't seem to work very well though..

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Last edited by: bjorn: May 30, 05 18:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great frame...it seems to disappear beneath you
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Walton won St Anthony's one year riding in his racing flats.
Paul--I was there that year. He left his bike shoes at the hotel. He seemed to have surprised even himself with his time. So much for spinning and a smooth pedal stroke.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you paint your body green and carry a laser gun and walk around in that hunched forward position you'd look like a mean badass level 67 space goblin in a computer adventure game!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That must be a short pool table if Sedi can touch the top of it!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like we found out what wrong with your running... why don't you come to my place for a weekend and i'll fix you right up!... :-p

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He looks like the guy on the Citicorp commercial doing the mountain bike ride with no bike.

Re: critique my position [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sergio..

so totally going to nitpick..its what I do for a living :-)

I know this was a joke..and it could very well be the angle of the photo, but look at your real race photos. Does your head normally sit a little off center bending towards the right? Face to the right helmet towards the left--you can see it looking at the aero part of the helmet sitting off center on your mid back--you can also see it if you look at your chin and how it is in alignment with your right leg instead of in the center. This messes with the levator scapulae on the left and a kink in the scm-thick neck muscle on the side (basically neck muscles getting pissed) with the opposite happening on the right - an overstretch of the right sided neck muscles. This off set will mess with the pec muscles, especially your coracobrachiallis--which is why you see less of the left pec and more of the left anterior deltoid (the shirt I would pass as being even), the arm is forced to roll inwards which you compensate at the elbow and roll your arm slightly outwards. My only concern with this displacement is breathing compromise (ribs not getting elevated properly at the top) and balance issues...especially as you fatigue - you do eventually fatigue?

Not touching the lower half of the body because nothing is blatantly obvious. Think the slight angle of the right foot has everything to do with the missing bike--although you could draw a conclusion about cross pattern analysis from the left shoulder being shortened and the right hip being pulled creating an internal hip that is giving you the slight external rotation--or accept you are just messing around.

Most people have one side more dominant, and I am pretty sure this just happened with the photo (could very well be angle), but with the head off center its causing your left arm to droop (not drop, droop - you can see it on the side view with your left hand forward).

If there is muscle instability, it will be evident in all aspects of the sport. If you have someone that stretches you, works on you, ect, have them take a look at you in person. It isn't going to change much right now because you are already wicked fast, but I am worried about when you become old.

I don't need a bike to critique form :-)
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [Eileen Steil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now thats one thing i wasn't expecting to read ;-)

anyway, i don't have both feet on the floor, i'm balancing on the right foot just like the side view.

Anyway i do have some problems like you mention, i was a oarsman for a long time, rowing for the same side. I also have poor flexibility and i know that a good program would help my performance. Im a lot more flexible since i started doing tris back in 2001 but still far away from what would be desirable...

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: critique my position [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The hard part was to hide this fact...and you just blow our cover!! ;)

It was hard to take this photos!
The table was about my size! And trust me, Klep was rounder than the snooker balls. LOL

All in all, it was a great long weekend!

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What does IPODEC stand for?????????????

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanna see more pic's, do you have any hottie sisters or friends??????????

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's cool... Klep doing Total Immersion drills on the pool table. What a tri-nerd !!
Quote Reply

Prev Next