Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [Crenshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it makes you feel any better Aaron is fast as lightning, hopes to go under 10 hours, but he's run 3 bike shops and they've all gone out of business.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"My favorite part so far was of course when IronCLM called someone a 'dick', while mysteriously leaving out, "when we (random pro) were together last weekend"....

....or,

"last time he (random pro) emailed me". "

That truly is the amazing thing about this thread. Excellent observation!
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [P Star] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P Star,

Have you ever actually had something positive to say or are you just Cathy's internet stalker? At least everybody here knows who "LarryCalifornia" AKA Martin is and he has a lot say other than ripping Cathy or others here. You just lurk and attack Cathy, Tom D, Frank Day, Tibbs, t-t-n and his dying sister and on and on. I don’t get it.

Dave
Quote Reply
Another defender [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't post here often, however I must make an exception with this thread. In particular the part about Trizilla being the epitomy of everything that is wrong with our sport.
I have been a customer of Trizilla's brick and mortar store on several occasions. I have always found Jim and his staff (which are his team members) to be helpful, friendly, and cooperative.
I am an overweight, super-slow triathlete who doesn't so much swim, bike and run as I do the "float, coast, and shuffle" version of this endeavour we all love. Jim and his staff have NEVER spoken down to me because I finish a race about an hour after they do, they treat me like a fellow triathlete. They know I am slow and are cool with that. I have seen and talked to them at several local races, and they are always supportive. They come to race and win. I respect that. I come to do the best my body will allow me to do. And they encourage/respect that.
During a local race last year, I was leaving T-2. I turned around to see if my helmet had fallen off my bike. As I was moving forward, looking backward, I ran smack dab into one of Trizilla's athletes. He had already finished the race (and won I think). He was talking to the local newspaper reporter and I damn near plowed both of them over. Instead of being pissed off and pulling some superior athlete attitude, he helped me to my feet, asked me how my race was going and shouted encouragement as I shuffled off. If that type of attitude is everything that is wrong with this sport, then give me more of it.
I know this doesn't speak to the return policy that started all this. It does, however, speak to the notion that they are YUPPIE scum who put fashion before performance and to the character of the person running this establishment and leading a team of talented (and damn fast) athletes.

Bradley
Trizilla customer

Edit: darn spelling....
Last edited by: warren: May 28, 05 4:25
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [Hinds57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cathy knows P Star, they have had some spats before. Really it is quite comical. We could use another one.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [Hinds57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent observation!
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [Erik Clark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I don't know PStar. Don't know why she has her panties in a wad, and don't care. I have better things to do with my time. Like today, go ride.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I don’t get it.

Dave
You mean you have never known an unhappy bitch who likes to pass it around?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is great stuff, but poor Trizilla still has to do some damage control. Just like saying shit on the witness stnd that you're not suppose to - once it leaves your lips, cannot take it back.

My perspective is similar to any retailer. I sell expensive food. The basic rule is 98% of our customers are great, and there are 2% that are the #2%'s" - they will never be satisfied, even if I give them the keys to the store. Doesn't matter where they shop or what they buy, they remain consistent - unable to please.

You owe Trizilla an apology. You thrashed them for an unjus reason. Th title of your post - it's pretty insulting to them. They did nothing wrong. Kiss and make up. You never know when you might cross paths, or wheels with them, when you hit the big time.

Plus, it's Memorial Day weekend. Salute the vets, pray for peace and go on a long bike ride.
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still love ya babe... :P

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know you do hon... :-D

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably because you don't bring any attitude with you... Many folks who are "attitude-less" can repel that vibe ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [slownfat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good points, SnF. I think my next online purchase will be from Trizilla. It's a small thing, but I'd like to support them however I can given this ridiculous thread.

Dawn
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [slownfat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I already did. You're 3 days too late. Look at my post dated 5/25/05 around 3pm. Final point, many of the online retailers have a 30 day return policy (i.e. all3sports. nytro, missionbay, trisports), and I don't look at Trizilla as being a small shop as they advertise big time (i.e. Triathlete Mag) and they are able to offer discounted prices on 2005 Zipp wheelsets. I just thought they'd have a similar return policy. But they don't by choice and my friend made a huge mistake by buying a wetsuit there. What he should've done was researched it a little better and bought one or two in different sizes of each of the wetsuit brands he was interested in and buy from one dealer like Nytro who offers wetsuit guaranteed fit policy. He didn't though as he was hasty and now has $150 or so $$ in store credit which is better than nothing and I suppose in time if he sticks with this sport long enough he'll be able to put it to good use. As far as the other abuse this post brought to Trizilla, i.e. bad mouthing their mechanic and the cars they choose to drive and the speed they race at is out of my control and I don't find it fitting here nor after the fact do I believe I should've posted this thread but I did, regretfully, and now I do what big boys sometimes have to do and that is roll with the punches, learn from a mistake, and move on. Trizilla is now ever better known as a result of this thread and I have a different and more understanding viewpoint of their return policy. Will I ever buy from them? Well, if they ever off the same Zipp 404 pricing that they recently offered, probably so and then I'll post my experience with the purchase which likely will be a positive one. Now let's put this one to rest.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good job, congrats. You did post 3 days ago, I missed that part. But this post was good to read!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next