Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again!
Quote | Reply
A very good friend of mine ordered an Xterra wetsuit from Trizilla and went to return it and since it's been more than 2 weeks since he received it, they won't give him a full refund. They only offered him store credit. Here are the facts. He's 6' 6" tall, 264 lbs., newbie status and might I add a difficult fit for a tri-specific wetsuit because of his size. There are no tri-specific shops in the area for him to go to for an actual in-person fitting so he is left with no alternative other than to mail order. So he mail orders an Xterra wetsuit from Trizilla, a QR from All3sports, and an Ironman from Performance. Poor fit with the Ironman so he sends it back, full refund to his credit card. He likes the QR but I advise him it's too loose in the legs therefore he opts to size down 1 size and sends back the QR to All3sports and they gladly send him another wetsuit no questions asked. The Xterra seemed to fit him ok but he decides to wait for the downsized QR as he reads on several forums that the QR wetsuits seem to be a little roomier and tend to fit bigger guys well. So he finally gets the replacement QR and sure enough, it's a much better fit. So he calls Trizilla about returning the unused wetsuit and they tell him he's out of luck. Their policy is after 2 weeks, store credit only. He never swam in the wetsuit and now he's stuck with store credit. I think that's pure BULLSHIT! I looked on their website for some sort of a return policy and I couldn't find one although I may have overlooked it but even at that, seems to me like 30 days would be the standard in the industry. I've bought a bike and wheelset as well as gear from Trisports.com and never had a problem with returns and the same holds true for All3sports.com. I contemplated purchasing a wheelset from Trizilla as well as some gear and now after hearing this from my friend, NO WAY WILL I BUY FROM TRIZILLA!
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't want to come across as an ass - but......like a bike - wetsuits need to be tried on for fit - this would have been avoided had your friend gone to a store rather than shopped online.
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [Andrew_J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. That's the chance you take with shopping online. You save 30-50 bucks, but risk stuff like this...
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [Andrew_J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You obviously didn't read my post in it's entirety.

NO TRI STORES LOCALLY THEREFORE UNABLE TO TRY ON WETSUITS IN PERSON.

So he did try on the wetsuits only that it was in the comfort of his own home. Still, he never swam in the wetsuit and it's still brand new. Why not give the guy his full refund?

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forget about the trying it on ... but if he's ordering 3 wetsuits from three different shops, obviously knowing that 2 will need to be returned, wouldn't checking the return policy out in advance be the common sense thing to do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Their policy is after 2 weeks, store credit only."

Perhaps your friend should have inquired about their return policy before purchasing a suit that he'd probably be returning. Just a thought. Not sure how your friend's ignorance of trizilla.com's return policy is somehow trizilla.com's fault.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh-oh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Why not give the guy his full refund?"

Because they have to draw the line (time limit) somewhere. I have to agree with a couple other posters--if he knew he was going to be returning 2 of 3 suits he ordered, that's all the more reason he should've carefully researched the return policies.
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's just not a very liberal return policy. I don't expect their policy to be one like Wal-mart but consider their competition's return policy and you'll find the likes of All3sports.com, NytroMultisport, Trisports.com, and Missionbay Multisport all offering full refund if returned within 30 days of shipping date.

I'm not blaming Trizilla for their return policy. Seems like they ought to have their return policy posted on their website as I viewed their website again and still can't find a return policy link.

So for those of you who don't mind a 14 day return policy, suit yourself but for me it's not the industry standard and I won't be buying from them in the future. But who cares, I'm just a small fish in a big sea of Slowtwitchers.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have really bad news for you ... uhmm your friend. Went to the site, lower right corner is a link to terms/Conditions.

http://trizilla.com/triathlon/pc/termsnconditions.asp

Item 5

5. Conditions of Sale and Payment Terms. To purchase any goods and/or services on our Site, you must................ All sales of products and services are final. All charges from those sales are nonrefundable.

So it appears they are bending the written policy to give you 2 weeks.

Ya it's a bad policy but it was not that hard to find. First link I clicked on. and I have to agree if he knew he was returning some, he should have checked out return policies, especially when he could have ordered it somewhere else, if he did not like their policy.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You think Slowman will delete this entire thread or just your post?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's got a $160 credit to trizilla, you want to buy a wheelset. Buy the credit from him - you just solved his problem.

Beyond that, your friend's 'stunt' is exactly the reason small shops have to keep tight return policies. When you're dealing in lower volumes, you can't just have merchandise sitting out there that can be returned at any time. Your friend was taking advantage of the lowest prices around and liberal return policies. Not that he shouldn't, just that when there's a 67% chance you're going to be returning, you ought to know the return policy.
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [one_lap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought my dual from trizilla and I 'm in florida. the first one i got was a 54 i didn't like it. I packed it back up , sent it back ,and they sent me a 56.

i had the pay the shipping but that seemed fair to me, I didn't have to drive around all day looking for one to test drive.

it shouldn't take you 2 weeks to know you need to return something.

I think this thread sucks.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want a more wide-open returns policy, order from Perfornance or Nashbar.
I have learned from recent experience that you need to READ THE RETURN POLICY. For me it was a 15% restocking fee for returning a brand new w/ tags, never washed pair of Bibs that were too big. Oh well. It taught me :#1( to look closely at the fine print and, #2) never to order from that company again.
Cheers,
HC
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: LarryCalifornia: May 25, 05 6:48
Quote | Reply
I agree that Trizilla sucks. Last summer at City of Pittsburgh Tri, Trizilla was in charge of pre race bike check. I asked one of their mechanics if he could tighten one of the screws in my aero bars. He stripped the screw and Trizilla refused do anything about it.
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [Annie P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe you should have tightened your own screw .
the guy shouldnt' have touched your bike at all. and you shouldn't have asked!

you should have shown up with your bike ready to race.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman's gonna be mad . . .

And since I'm typing here, I might as well say that I agree with the majority of the posters here. TriZilla reserves the right to establish any kind of return policy they want. It's their business. They apparently have it posted on their site in a fairly easy to be seen location. Your buddy made a mistake by not researching the policy. It could be worse. Now he has a $160 store credit that he can use for whatever he wants. I'm sure he can come up with an excuse to spend $160 on some kind of tri gear in the near future. This situation isn't a big deal.

On the positive side, we all know TriZilla's return policy. This thread will not in any way keep me from ordering from TriZilla in the future.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [miater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
maybe you should have tightened your own screw .
the guy shouldnt' have touched your bike at all. and you shouldn't have asked!

you should have shown up with your bike ready to race.
And I bet you have a personal interest in Trizilla. It is a pathetic day when a paid bike mechanic does not possess the skills to tighten a the day before a race at a required bike check. Also, I asked him if I could borrow his Allen key first but he would not let me and insisted on doing the job.
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [miater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"it shouldn't take you 2 weeks to know you need to return something. "

SURE IT SHOULD IF YOU HAVE NARROWED DOWN YOUR SELECTION OF WETSUITS AND YOU ARE AWAITING FOR AN EXCHANGE OF ANOTHER BRAND TO ARRIVE FROM ANOTHER DEALER.

"I think this thread sucks. "

I THINK TRIZILLA'S RETURN POLICY SUCKS.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wasn't enough all your whinning, now you need to SHOUT?

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [greensneakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why should slowman delete this thread or post? Is it not politically correct. Is it not slowtwitch correct?

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: If you are thinking about ordering gear, bikes, etc. from TRIZILLA.com, think again! [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody likes you smartass.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you made my cry...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Nobody likes you smartass.[/reply]

I do....almost daily, oh wait, that is something else entirely! ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next