Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Drinking beer, Chuckie V, and the era of PC [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'd be surprised how much we agree on. Most of the disagreements are over a few seconds per 40km.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Drinking beer, Chuckie V, and the era of PC [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumor has it the Killer Miller aid station may have beer if you know to ask. Of course, I don't know anything about this....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly Monty I think that the era of epic,larger than life characters among the pro ranks is almost gone.Part of what I used to love about all you guys back in the day was the stuff that happened off the race course.All the pranks and parties and legendary goings-on after each awards had finished.There are still a few cool dudes out there that are throwbacks to that era but they,unfortunately, are a rare breed.I've had this discussion with a few of you old cohorts over the years and I know that I'm not the only one who misses those "good old days".

I'll take the drunk,podium dancing pros celebrating their Ironman wins with the joy of a kid on Christmas morning over the boring "job done,move on" crowd.Yeah,yeah folks,I know it is a new era of professionalism and all that but a great deal of what Ironman was all about has been lost and that is just sad.

------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well here's a pic, courtesy of azcentral.com from last year's Ironman Arizona.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder of Lance wins IM Hawaii if they'll let him drink champagne like in the final stage of the Tour.
I loved the good old days with Bud and Coors as sponsors. The US is so litigious society that the WTC must follow safety rules. Not that I agree with it.
PC is getting worse and is a dividing point in our society.
Guess we are getting old

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe I saw a picture of Norman Stadler eating an ice cream cone coming down Alii Drive one of the two years he won it. If WTC is technically playing to the "T" of their rules of no outside assistance, you'd think Norman would have been DQ'd for taking something from a spectator during the course of the race (even though he was about to win it). Details I know, but if they nail someone else for something minor...seems like rules apply to some depending on the mood of the officials at times, but not other times.
Quote Reply
Re: Drinking beer, Chuckie V, and the era of PC [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently Rick Wells took up triathlon when he lost his licence and had to bike everywhere...
Quote Reply
Re: Drinking beer, Chuckie V, and the era of PC [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDCali wrote:
Well here's a pic, courtesy of azcentral.com from last year's Ironman Arizona.

Missy is a beast! Now, if only we could get her to drink beer, 'cause that's not what I'm seeing.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Walt Stack - if I recall correctly (always doubtful), Walt stopped at the Ranch House restaurant for breakfast during the race. The Ranch House is less than a mile from the finish but Walt was hungry and didn't want to wait until after the race.

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: Drinking beer, Chuckie V, and the era of PC [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hawaii ironman was the worst organization i ever raced under-- they treated me like crap-- i set records for them-- as a bilateral above knee and below knee amputee-- 1st ran into ironman people in st. anthony triathlon--they came to me recruited me to defeat another wheelchair racer they didnt like-- he ok ill give it a shot and at ironman qualifier i beat the field o wheelchair athletes but they complained and didnt want to race against me-- cry babies-- when i raced in hawaii in 1996 after being 1st and only wheelchair athlete to finish race in qualifying times they called my name at finish line said i was someone else - one of the other competitors-- and that wasnt 1st time they did it to me-- they didnt give me recognition the night of awards and media day i only got 1 interview - readers digest-- one of the producers for the network that televised ironman came to me and said they were told to keep tv time down on me-- this is a horrible organization-- if ur looking for a great organization do the marathon-- now there is a great event-- they know what they r doing --go chuckie v-- ur still my favorite of all the people i met
Quote Reply
Re: Drinking beer, Chuckie V, and the era of PC [david lindsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david lindsey wrote:
hawaii ironman was the worst organization i ever raced under-- they treated me like crap-- i set records for them-- as a bilateral above knee and below knee amputee-- 1st ran into ironman people in st. anthony triathlon--they came to me recruited me to defeat another wheelchair racer they didnt like-- he ok ill give it a shot and at ironman qualifier i beat the field o wheelchair athletes but they complained and didnt want to race against me-- cry babies-- when i raced in hawaii in 1996 after being 1st and only wheelchair athlete to finish race in qualifying times they called my name at finish line said i was someone else - one of the other competitors-- and that wasnt 1st time they did it to me-- they didnt give me recognition the night of awards and media day i only got 1 interview - readers digest-- one of the producers for the network that televised ironman came to me and said they were told to keep tv time down on me-- this is a horrible organization-- if ur looking for a great organization do the marathon-- now there is a great event-- they know what they r doing --go chuckie v-- ur still my favorite of all the people i met

You revised on 11 year old thread. Props!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Drinking beer, Chuckie V, and the era of PC [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes i know -- i just ran into this-- ive looked for chuckie v for a long time
Quote Reply

Prev Next