It appears he is off grid. This last entry posted today is very sad. Run

http://chuckiev.blogspot.ca/

chuckiev.blogspot.com/2012/07/run-by-fear.html
Last edited by: TundraCat: Jul 3, 12 18:27
Quote Reply
Re: Chuckie V.....on the road with! [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Love the guys like Chuckie V...His speech at the awards the year he won IMC was hilarious as was his display of shirtless podium dancing at the after-party..

Wish there were characters like him still hanging out in the pro ranks.....well there is still Rhodesy.

---

WHAT? Rhodesy is still alive and kicking? Awesome. love his attitude. and in particular, without him, I don't know if Cervelo's would have ever been sold in NZ. Back in the day, the only way to get one here was to know someone that knew him, and know the secret handshake!

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Chuckie V.....on the road with! [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Love the guys like Chuckie V...His speech at the awards the year he won IMC was hilarious as was his display of shirtless podium dancing at the after-party..

Wish there were characters like him still hanging out in the pro ranks.....well there is still Rhodesy.

---

WHAT? Rhodesy is still alive and kicking? Awesome. love his attitude. and in particular, without him, I don't know if Cervelo's would have ever been sold in NZ. Back in the day, the only way to get one here was to know someone that knew him, and know the secret handshake!

---

Not only is Rhodesy alive and kicking he has now become the longest pro card holder in the history of the sport.He got his first pro card just before the 1990 Commomwealth Games in Auckland.Bryan faces what could be his toughest sporting challenge tomorrow in Colorado when he lines up to compete in the Boulder 4th of July Hot Dog Eating Contest.....

That guy will do anything for a free meal!!

---
Quote Reply
Re: Chuckie V.....on the road with! [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where is chuckie v-- the yrs i raced and ran into him he was my favorite-- im a disabled athlete --lost both legs -- 1st and only wheelchair athlete to finish Hawaii Ironman in official times in 1996 -- they got rid of the wheelchair category because others didnt want to compete against me-- if anyone knows chuckie ask him to write me dalpezz@gmail.com--been a long time he may not even remember now-- but he made a big impression on me-- i ended up getting tumor in my head and had to stop racing-- i still make myself get6 out and trai9n almost every day--i just have to do only what my body will let me-- thanks guys--i hope i hear from him
Quote Reply
Re: Chuckie V.....on the road with! [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Cant open the link but I remember Chuckie V very well. Used to ride a Slingshot if I remember correctly?
Quote Reply
Re: Chuckie V.....on the road with! [Dudaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dudaddy wrote:
Quote:

Cant open the link but I remember Chuckie V very well. Used to ride a Slingshot if I remember correctly?

He rode a Zipp 2001 at some point
https://www.flickr.com/...m-72177720302296791/
Quote Reply
Re: Chuckie V.....on the road with! [david lindsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last I heard he was living on the Arizona trail. That was maybe a year ago. He had posted something in which he said he was on Arizona trail.
Quote Reply
Re: Chuckie V.....on the road with! [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank u --wish i could find away to contact him-- thanks for the info
Quote Reply
Re: Chuckie V.....on the road with! [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing i remember about Chuckie V was that he used to drive to races all over North America and sleep in his compact car to save money. Imagine one of the top pros doing that today! If youtube was a thing back then he would have been king... even over LS!
Quote Reply

Prev Next