Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How do you people run so fast? [eabarry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WEll I do sections

Yea its tri but gotta train like 3 dif ways. I do a bigger bike week and little run, big run week little bike, or I go in monthly sections. I just got done with my run month where I had been building for a while then I ran 7-9 times a week with 2 track workouts with 4-6 x mile on early week and either 6-8x800 or 8-10 x 400's and then a tempo run on weekend and a long run. Wheres the bike swim? well 1,maybe 2 times week. not much maybe just a long ride. but the month before was opposite where I did just enough to keep up running and biked every chance I could get. thats what the non race season is good for. work on big stuff, get that speed in, now your at a pace that is reasonable aka 5:10 per mile x 6 with 5m rec, but you dont have to do track 2-3 times a week just once for maintnance and now lets role for race time (Duathlon season )

let me know if I am way off the rocker no IM's this year just half IM's gotta run 1:18 off the bike or better!

Jim Hallberg
USAC level II
USAT Level I
http://www.d3multisport.com
WATTS UP!!
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [Lehmkuhler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 words...

EPO

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's huge tibbs.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, I tried to get sponsored by Eprix, but they are not taking on any new athletes this year. Any other suggestions.

Time for me to run

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [jtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dang, 5 minute recoveries at this part of the season? I'd like to do that training.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any spud (40+) to stud (34 on down) stories out there? Let's hear them!

Spill the beans people.

Well, I haven't reached stud level yet, but I went from 47:10 to 36:30 in about 5 years. I haven't really done many road races or much serious run training in the last couple of years, but someday I'd like to focus on running again to see how far down I could take that.

I've always been fastest after periods of speedwork 2x a week.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loose weight, if that's possible. I went from ungodly slow, to respectable, to pretty quick, mostly due to weight loss. I was at 18 min. for a 5K. I proceded to break my jaw, and hence loose a ton of weight rather quickly without dropping too many weekly miles. I went from 205 to 170 in about 7 weeks. I know that this is rather harsh, but it certainly dropped my times. Nutrition was difficult at times but I got down to mid 16's due to the weight loss. I know this isn't what you'd all call quick, but I'm 6'6", so for me and my body, that's moving right along.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [Ogz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I need to pick a fight on this forum. If you break my jaw I'll actually thank you!

That's bold Ogz. But did you gain the weight back????

I went 41:20 at Tri-America Clermont last weekend. I ran a squeaky clean 10K after settling down to a good tempo not long after T2. So that was a success. But at the same time it was painfully apparent that the current training WILL NOT support a 37:00 performance!

... But as some posters pointed out, no sense trying to run a 37 (or anything else in that vicinity) when the other two disciplines suck ass! It's all a matter of perspective and resource management in triathlon.

Hey Tibbs, send that EPO in the mail ASAP... or I'm going to demand a refund! :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [mwbyrd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]3 things, Power Cranks being the third item, right??[/reply]

No, PC's are only one way (a very efficient way I might add) of getting the two elements I mentioned. They also help one to avoid injury (the third element to being very fast).

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, it's not a lack of hematocrit that's limiting me... Crit is 49.7 naturally (I live at altitude). I do however, appreciate your attempt to give me a short cut. All of these other people talking about running fast or running long really don't get it...:) I want to be fast, now, and with no suffering. It's considered by some to be the American way to expect things to be given to you without working for them...:)

Lehmkuhler
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The weight came back and then some several years later. Now at 207 but looking to drop some for the summer. 190 is my present goal, hopefully jaw intact.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [Lehmkuhler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's face it.

You probably don't have the right genetics. Same as me :-;

I have tried pretty much everything over my 20 years of getting the run "down" (except EPO, smoking and other PEDs).

High volume, low volume, speed, weights, focus weeks, focus months, prebuilt, blah blah blah. Not to forget the 5 generations of coaches I went through. Nothing helped me make significant improvments (plus I hated, I mean I really hated it).

Interestingly I found out that I posted my (still slow) PBs always when I was not trying "hard". Running relaxed and not specifically having a certain "A" race or goal time in mind and with out peaking for that race. Mental relaxation seemed to bring my times down by at least 20 sec/mile. No other training could do that.

So I decided 2 years ago that I will "just run"..... Has not made me significantly faster, but I still enjoy running to some extent (which is now the most important part for me)

Nevertheless, having the wrong genes sucks!

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [adrialin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa. You're bottom feeder material. Welcome to the club bro'. :-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How do you people run so fast? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you do to improve your form?
Quote Reply

Prev Next