Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kona Race Report...podium finish M35-39...9:03.26 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I met Darkhorstri, when I was volunteering in Kona and he had an equivalently strong race. I tried to find that race report, but found this one from 2011. In the other thread other posters have shared he has passed on from cancer, however, wanted to bump up a big race from his life.

Thanks so much for dredging this up Dev, I'm glad I had the chance in this old thread to tell him how much I admired him.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Race Report...podium finish M35-39...9:03.26 [Upstaterun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Upstaterun wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
I met Darkhorstri, when I was volunteering in Kona and he had an equivalently strong race. I tried to find that race report, but found this one from 2011. In the other thread other posters have shared he has passed on from cancer, however, wanted to bump up a big race from his life.

Thanks for posting this, Dev. That link to Steve's blog for the race write up doesn't go any place for me. Here's a link on his current website to his blog where he has just 2 photos - - the one from Kona 2011 that he refers to in this thread, and then his Arizona 2016 race where he was first over-all amateur and went under 9 hours. These were what he thought were his two best races. If you click on each photo, it takes you to his Instagram post he wrote about each race. https://www.darkhorsetriathlon.com/dark-horse-blog

Here's also a link to Karin Langer's (one of Steve's athletes) Instagram post on the day Steve passed (Nov. 18) and her memories from Chicago (2007) to when she had time with him at Kona 2012 to Nov. 5, 2023 when Steve texted her encouragement for a running race that day. https://www.instagram.com/...mrlrzlm/?img_index=1

Completely sucks!

Thanks Upstaterun.

Often when people in my periphery pass away, what I fall back to is that we all have to go at some point. Some of us go earlier, some of us go later. But what we leave behind is some imprint on others. I pulled up this thread, because I remember meeting him in Kona 2012. I tried to find that report, but I could not, but this 2011 report came up. It is part of his journey through life and imprint on the rest of us. There are many examples, but this is the one he left with me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next