Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monk - if you do get a Gatorade Edge bottle with the inside seal still on during the race, please bring it back to me at the finsih line. I'll give you a Gatorade hat for it. We do tell the volunteers to make sure the seal if taken off, but as you know, one or two alway slip by! Z
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [That Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The beer, vodka, crack and strippers are for during the race...
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quadzilla

Right on - that is why I got into this sport ;}

I have to say - my best 1/2 Mary was done in Miami - we ran through SoBe around 7 a.m. - just in time to pass all the working ladies returning home after a hard night. Got to see some fine hookers and strippers - all who were hooting and hollering for use guys running in short shorts. I'm pretty sure I even got a boobie flash - but this was around mile 6 when I was really focusing. Best race ever!

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on Tom

You don't expect Monk to carry around a full bottle during the race do you? Just for a hat??????

I on the other hand will!!!

Tri guy - you can borrow my car or I can pick you up if you need - my rental minvan will have space for you, your bike, wife, kids.

Plus - being a rental - it flies, floats through rivers and is awesome at off roading. Just like all rentals!!!
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monk -- by all means, hang on to that Gatorade bottle throughout the race! Nothing beats getting an IM medal unless it is swapping out the Gatorade bottle you've carried for the last 40 miles for a hat!

Don't mean to be a smart-ass, Tom. I just can't imagine schlepping a full Gatorade bottle throughout the duration of an IM for any reason. The sentiment is noted, however, and I am sure the volunteers will do a great job.
Peace.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom--Will you be picking us up at the hotel for the morning swims?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll try to get a Gatorade Bus to make the rounds starting at 4:00 AM to bring athletes to the morning swims.

Just stand outside your hotel with a Gatorade bottle and jump on the first yellow bus you see.

Do not be surprised to see a number of kids with school back packs. They are riding the bus to work at the Gatorade booth near with swim start.

Be sure to follow the instuctions of any adult wearing a red vest and carry a stop sign. Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Do not be surprised to see a number of kids with school back packs. They are riding the bus to work at the Gatorade booth near with swim start. [/reply]

Aren't there child labor laws in AZ?

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done. Will you have the course marked with those invisible buoys you used at Lake Louisa?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk - the buoys were very dark, just like the water. We used that dark color so that we would not scare the alligators away. You know how sensitive they are to loud colors. It worked, as the picture you took showed - the one with the gator next to the sign warning people about gators. Z
Quote Reply

Prev Next