Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMAZ - athlete packets????
Quote | Reply
With only a few weeks left - should we not at least be receiving our athlete packets and bib numbers?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [That Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what you mean by "Packet"--there is the one you get at the race when you sign in, etc,--that will have you race numbers, your transition bags (here are about 300--not really--but If you haven't done an IM before, you will have to re-think how you do transitions, because everything is not sitting on a towel next to your bike--you only get one shot).

Race/bib numbers will show up on the IMAZ website within a few weeks of the race. Pursuant to IM Rule #237, you must show up on race day with this tattooed on your ass. All I know about is IMFL, but this one does not compare well, organization-wise--maybe because it is the first year.

One thing I have been wondering about, since that is what I do, wonder, is whether, with a new race, they will have enough volunteers, since the whole town hasn't been "trained" yet. For instance, something that has been keeping me up at night is those Gatorade bottles they give you on the bike at the aid stations---the ones with the drinking spouts--but you have to take the top off to remove a cover underneath, then put the top back on, which you can't do, as a practical matter, one-handed. So I wonder, wonder, do the ones for IM come without those safety covers? or do the volunteers remove them? If the latter, will there be enough volunteers to remove them all. I wonder.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Monk

Past IM I received an info pack with a whole bunch of items - mainly advertising from the sponsors - but it set out the race week activities and such - along with general info.

It was something to look forward to a few weeks out - something tangible if you like. I suppose the days of the internet have made us all go paperless!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got something like that by E-mail last year. I don't remember anything else, but I am old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monk, sleep easy. IMNA does an excellent job of training all of the aid-station captains. they are the ones responsible for their aid station which includes directing the volly's they get on the day on what needs to be done, then making sure it is.

i did IMWI it's first year and everything ran like clockwork.

good luck and have fun.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [KDM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wesbsite says your "packet" is only available online. Keep checking the website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AJ

IMNA made a change some time back (year or two - maybe more) that they do not send packets any more. It is a down load from the race specific site. My guess is that since they did not finalize the bike course until just recently, they are only now getting the race packet together. Usually they first put out a spectator guide and then a week or two later the race guide. I would look for both around March 25 ;}

http://www.clevetriclub.com

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monk

i did the 1/2 IM FL inagural (sp?) last year. The volunteers were great. They were by far the best part of the race in an other wise less than well oiled machine.

IMNA seemed to train them well. And I would say Disney was less that helpful - so if IMNA can pull it off there - IMAZ has a good chance of running well.

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk,

There are a ton of people volunteering that I know that have done races before so they know what to expect. I volunteered for a race here (Soma 1/2) and Roch and the boys (and ladies of course) do a great job of explaining everything as well as putting aid station captains in charge that are very knowledgeable. Triathlon is not new to this area so I think it will be great. The only thing I am somewhat concerned about is people falling over from exhaustion on the bike course. Handing bottles out to people speeding by at high speeds for three loops is not easy!

That Guy - an example of how the packet will look like: www.ironmancalifornia.com

This is the one that they put out for Ralph's this year. Hope this helps answer your question.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brian - you rock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thanks Brian - you rock
How come Brian "rocks", and I don't "rock"? This ain't right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk

You KNOW you rock - how about the three of us - and Foolish tri Guy - meet for beers a few days before the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beers BEFORE the race - shame, shame shame.

Now if you had said strippers, wings and crack - that woudl be fine - but beers!

UGH

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to be clear........

You get your "athlete's guide" online at the Ironman Arizona website. This has race information, including race schedule, rules, course maps and other race information. Usually includes some spectator guides, too.

You get a "Race Packet" at Registration at the race site. This will have your numbers, gear bags, special needs bags. swag and more last minute race information and instructions. Look carefully in here for last minute changes or rules specific to this race.

Support Crew

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob

Again - another plot of mine foiled - I was going to sip water loaded with electrolytes, while you, monk and brian sip beer loaded with vodka

Anything to get the edge on the competition!!!

Hey - how about we all get together seriously and ride a few times the week prior
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Anything to get the edge on the competition!!!

Its very flattering to be thought of as "competition"--you must mean for the women!

A little meet and greet would be nice. I'm sure we won;t like each other in person more than on the Internet, but what the hell! We are getting in on Wednesday, but probably not socializing until we stop puking from seeing Tempe Town Lake on Thursday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about a morning warm up swim in TTL on Thursday? Anyone?

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ - athlete packets???? [Codex0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will it be open for swimming? Tom Ziebart may have info on this--I think he does the Gatorade swims in the mornings before the race.

You can summon him up by humming the first few bars of the National Anthem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monk

Too funny

I will be there from Monday - I'll do my best to pee in the Lake as much as possible to improve the water quality!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent him a PM. My humming was attracting too many looks from my cubicle mates. They think I am unbalanced as it is.
Yes, I know they are right.

under-trained and over-tapered. . . .yet still hopeful . . . does that make me an optimist or a masochist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'll do my best to pee in the Lake as much as possible to improve the water quality!!!

I think Codex0 has a wetsuit you can borrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do have an extra wetsuit -- but please bear in mind, that is the TRAINING wetsuit -- the one with the fart bubble to improve form!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom Ziebart sez -- Yes, swimming at the race site every morning 8am -10am.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in on Friday the 1st. Would like to find some folks to ride with on Sat. or preferably Sunday.

I will be at all the swims provided my dad does not ban me from the use of his car (since I'm not getting drunk any more unlike most night while in HS - there is a fair chance he will let me use the car).

Looking forward to argueing with people in person ;}

rob reddy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Gatorade swim will be open Wed., Thurs. and Friday - in the mornings - 8:00 AM - 10 AM at the swim start! Z
Quote Reply

Prev Next