Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [F'ker Face] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A vasectomy is no big deal. But, the vasectomy reversal is real pain; Sub-9 hour Ironman distance pain, when you were only equipped to do a 12 hour race. A plain old vasectomy is just a sprint triathlon kind of pain. I had my reversal the day after a PR sprint triathlon four years ago. FWIW, I did not follow the doctor's orders about no sex for a few weeks after the reversal...she could only wait two days, and I simply don't have it in my power to say "no", even though I have two painful purple grapefruits. And, it was painful even though it was ultra-gentle. Still, true to the estimated timing of a good result, one year after the reversal surgery, our daughter was born. I did the same sprint triathlon the day after she was born. She'll be three this month, and I'll be doing the same old sprint triathlon a couple of days before her birthday...it's sort of become tradition...a tradition of pain.

Oh, might as well cook the peas and corn once they've thawed out, no since in wasting them.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [bvfrompc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lounged around in my pajamas most of the weekend - a great weekend for watching sports! Go UNC! Doc prescribed vicotin (sp?) and I never touched it. Monday morning I swam 3,500 yds in a filthy pool. Every time I swam by that piece of toilet paper floating in my lane I wondered if it was a mistake. I have been slathering up with Neosporin every chance I get to prevent infection. I'm shooting for a long run tomorrow morning, but I just can't imagine my lads perched on a bike seat for a while. What's your bid for my pain pills? JUST KIDDING, COPPER!!!
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously your reversal was worth it to get your daughter but I've gone the one way and had some pain for a few days and I'll be darned if I ever let a surgeon near the boys again for surgery that is not absolutely necessary. You have my respect as a tough guy :)

I think I was off swimming for about 4 days and started running on the 5th when I had it done. Waited about 3 or 4 weeks before riding though.
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like you guys deserve an update on my balls. Got them nipped on Friday, swam 3,500 yds Monday, ran 16 miles Tuesday, lifted weights Wednesday, another 16 mile run Thursday, another 3,500 yd swim Friday. Saturday I swam 3,500 yds and then ran 12 miles right off the swim. Sunday I was back on the bike for that 42 mile hilly-ass route around Jamul - you know the one. This week I'm back to my Wildflower training plan. There have been curious colors down there and I've been using a lot of Neosporin, but brother, it's not nearly as bad as some made it out to be. Never took pain pills, never used the fozen niblets. Let's all chop 'em off, boys!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cripes, I can't imagine really. Had mine last Thursday and I haven't done anything for the last 6 days and don't feel like I should. Needed pain pills on the first day, then felt much better. Thing is sitting at my desk in dress clothes has roughed them up a little each day. I could definitely swim tomorrow (1 week after), but I don't see myself running until next week, nor biking. It's not painful, but there is definitely a sensation that something invasive took place down there. Just being conservative I guess.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am glad things have gone well for you. But, for me they have not! It will be two weeks this thursday since I had mine done. Followed Dr's orders to the letter. By Monday afternoon after the surgery, the swelling started. By Wednesday they were the size of a grapefruit with the color of an eggplant. The pain was excrutiating. Advil was the only thing that worked to make me comfortable as long as I didnt move. They are now talking about going back in to drain the hematomas. The pain is not as bad as it was last week, but I am still very uncomfortable. I have to wear sweat pants, because anything else does not have enough room. My racing, and training probably through June are down the drain, along with all the fees. This has been worst decision I have made that I can remember. In my opinion, not enough emphasis is made on the possible complications of such a "simple" proceedure. If I posted pictures on the internet showing my troubles, I am sure it would send many men screaming in the other direction. I for one, regret it.
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [SProboscis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My balls hurt just reading this thread. Damn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm going in to get one this afternoon and I'm wondering if there are folks with experience who will tell me whether I can expect to workout this weekend.

Mr. Face,

I had the 'Big V' done a couple months ago. Felt not-so-good for about a day (like someone gave me a good square kick!!). After that, it was mild discomfort... was back on the bike in 3 or so days... 'training' again after a week.

Good Luck!!

JB
Quote Reply

Prev Next