Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
OT - Training after vasectomy
Quote | Reply
I'm going in to get one this afternoon and I'm wondering if there are folks with experience who will tell me whether I can expect to workout this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [F'ker Face] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck with that procedure. I'm not sure what to say about that other than to follow doctor's orders.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I have read and heard it takes at least one week to recover. After a week you can return to normal activities, although the healing process itself may take upto 2 months. I think that going back to training this weekend is a bad idea. But I am not a doctor. Well I am but not in medicine.

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck brother!! I am afraid Im right behind you, my wife says two kids is enough, and if I want to get some I have to do it.

Any affects from the procedure?

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your desire for sex will be reduced, the hormone level of testosterone will decrease and as a result your voice pitch will be higher, and your beard etc will become thinner. The advantage is that you may have fewer hairs on your legs to shave. You may also develop breasts like Mr Tibbs (D cup), which could be fun. Possibly, you may be allowed to race in the female group and you may have a higher rank as a result.

The above is complete crap - you will most likely to be absolutely fine – it is a very safe operation. Just some pain and discomfort. The main risk is a third child, but the medical checks will confirm that the operation was successful.

But thniking what your wife had to go through, it is not only nothing, but it is only fair that you will have to do it.

Tom Demerly necessarily exists, Tom’s essence is existence Tom’s essence is perfect, and therefore Tom’s perfection implies that Tom must exist. Since Tom is infinite substance, no attribute which expresses the essence of substance can be denied of Tom . Every being has its being in Tom. Nothing can come into being or exist without Tom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had it done the week of thanksgiving last year on that monday. I rode 30 miles by Sunday.

Make sure you lay around for at least 2 days, and cool the boys down. I suggest frozen corn or peas. In the bag of course. Watch plenty of movies. Then slowly start training again around the third or fourth day.

DO NOT SWIM FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS. The stitches have to heal up and it coudl get infected in the pool.

Have fun with it. My training hasn't suffered at all. I'm still slow as ever. Sex is a lot better though. no more worries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one day of pain, 2 days of mild pain, and then within another week I was back on the bike. Get yourself a few bags of frozen peas, they will provide great relief in the day following, while one bag is freezing, the other can be put in use.

Everything, and I mean everything, is exactly the same as it was before. I notice no difference at all, save for the uncontrollable itching, and the strange urge to have my hair done.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surgery on Friday, on the bike Wednesday (no aerobars), swimming the next day, running the day after that. Wear support undies on the bike.

Believe me, you won't want to work out this weekend, nor should you. Do everything you can to reduce swelling: elevate, ice, and rest. I wouldn't try compression...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As for this weekend, no. Next weekend, maybe but probably not. The week after that should be much better.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Internal bleeding can destroy nerves. There is a major nerve group right there (he said pointing). Do you really want to damage that particular nerve grouping by exercising before it is healed?
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was about a week or so to run, 2 weeks to bike and back in the pool. Just grab a couple bags of peas and sit back and watch tv all weekend - good luck!!

Banger
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [luitjens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To answer your question....not this weekend!! It is not too painfull, but you dont want the boys jiggling, bouncing or pressed on a bike seat. Best bet is to keep them on ice (unless doc says otherwise), and a bag of frozen peas works great for this, just keep an extra on e in the freezer to switch out.

Good Luck......
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<There is a major nerve group right there>>
Apparently in some male species this is the area with the highest concentration of neurons. Some studies have found that a second brain can be developed in this anatomical region with a larger Cerebral Cortex than the one found in the frontal lobe region.

---------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [Pluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took me a good 6-7 weeks to get "any" workout in. The Doc said that there is a possibility of chronic pain in the left jewel - needless to say I was worried because I had read of others working out within a week after. But the pain just subsided bit by bit until it was gone.

Good news - by 3 months I was training like nothing had happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yow. I have first hand experience, and not a good one at that. Had my surgery a couple years ago, and waited the minimum time to get back on the bike, may have even stretched it one day less than recommended. In either case, I did about 40K on my Computrainer after 6 or 7 days and didn't feel too bad. Later that night, I went to a dinner and movie with my wife, one of our few outings alone since my twins had been born about 18 mos earlier. Through the entire movie, I felt like I was gonna hurl, upset stomach, the works. Got home and began to get ready for bed when I noticed my "boys" had turned an amazing color. Let's just say that if you know what color egg plant purple is, then that describes it exactly. Needless to say, I took several more days off. But in the end, I was no worse for the ride.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had mine done on a friday a few years ago. Lay around on the sofa all weekend and make your wife bring you beer, frozen peas & frozen corn. Seriously, don't even walk around the house for the first 2 days no matter how good you feel or you will be sorry. On tuesday I was in the pool and I was running and riding by the end of the week. Enjoy your new freedom.

Ron

----------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training after vasectomy? No problem!! I did four vasectomies last Friday and rode four and a half hours Saturday. I hope the guys I operated on didn't do the same.
Last edited by: danielito: Mar 4, 05 15:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you're crazy to get one; common sense would say to listen to your doctor's advice and not post it here for all of us isiots to reply to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm afraid to get one!

After my wife's dad told me the story of his testicles *(PLURAL)* falling out of his scrotum and having to get his friend to replace them (ie: put them in his scrotum), well that pretty much covers that issue.

No I'm not kidding!

Yes, he ignored his doctors advise, but i dont care.....

Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [B-Dub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would buy a couple three pairs of Bike lycra support briefs. Wear tthem all the time and to bed for the first couple weeks. I agree with the peas and corn and malt beverage therapy this weekend. I wouldn't be in a big hurry to get back to exercising. Especially power squats or big gear pushing. Take a week or two of ez swimming or light spinning and see how it goes. DO NOT OVERSTRAIN for the first few days. I work with Urologists and have had a vas myself. They all restrict exercise from one to four weeks depending how conservative they are. Hope that helps. G
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the advice. I guess I didn't realize what I was in for or I'd have scheduled this AFTER Wildflower. As for the guy who said take the doctor's advice - doc said no heavy lifting for 2-3 weeks. He also said I should be able to drive Sunday and I drove home Friday. I think things are a bit accellerated when you are in good shape, and I think I'm getting more comprehensive advice from those of you who have gone through this. I actually feel fine and am staying away from the pain pills he gave me lest I end up like Rush Limbaugh. I think I'll take it really easy this w/e and aim for a swim Monday. Easy week this coming week and then so long as they don't turn purple like eggplant (WTF!) back on track next week. Thanks again - corn is in the freezer and I have an excuse to watch Duke vs. UNC in peace.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just had mine yesterday. Feeling like I have been kicked in the "boys" this mourning. The main thing to prevent is an infection. This can occur if any bacteria get into the blood through the wounds in the scrotum. This can happen from the pool if your pool is not super clean. I will wait 10 days until the would is completely healed over then jump in the pool. Getting an infection will keep you from doing anything for a much longer period of time than waiting a few days in the beginning. Just my thoughts.

Wowkster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Fuk Face, Enjoy sitting around for a couple of days.!
Quote Reply
Re: OT - Training after vasectomy [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, this is why I just love this goup. I had my surgery done last week and logged on to ask the same question. We are already talking about it.

FYI, my doctor told me 2 weeks until I could resume activitiy. I thought to myself, whatever fatboy..I am an Ironman..I can be back in business after three days.

The first two days I was flat on my back, not moving, as much aspirin pumping in my veins as dosage allows, and always icing. On day one, at times, I was even whimpering!

Today is day four. I was able to work the whole day and I feel better. But I can not imagine to jog the boys around the block and I think it a physical impossibility to sit atop a bike saddle. The thought of a bacteria or virus setting up camp in the boys will keep me away from a public swimming pool for at least 10 more days.

I hope that with a couple more days of ice, aspirin, and rest I will get back to normal. But, I WILL follow the doc's order and give two weeks before my first exercise.

And...here in Germany it is NOT covered by insurance. I thought €300 was silly to pay to kill myself in an Ironman. I spent nearly the same for this procedure! aghhhh

Why didn't I ask my wife to tie the tubes!!!

Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How they hanging?

I had heard about the peas and corn, drove straight home, laid down, rotated the peas and corn for the entire day, woke up the next morning pain free, ran four days later, biked after a week. Stayed out of the pool for two, not becuase of pain but I sure a heck didn't want an infection down there.

My doc was an ultramarathoner, very wierd to have a really great discussion with a guy while he's busy, hmm, down there.

At one point he held up one of the bits removed, I about hurled.
Quote Reply

Prev Next